Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Wednesday 14th April 2010

Well, today has been a bit of an odd day really. We have been packing to go to Jersey for a few days and had to pop in to hospital for a routine monthly appointment this morning. Dr Madi did not like the look of all my bruises all over my legs again so he asked Auntie Pauline to take some blood from me to see what was going on. Then we went out for tea to meet my godmother Auntie Jax and Mummy's godson Archie and Daisy too when Dr Madi called Mummy to say that my platelets are very low so he would like me to go in for a bone marrow aspirate tomorrow morning!
Not happy at all - that means we can't go to Jersey after all so we have just put all our clothes away again!
Dr Madi wants to check to see if there is any sign of leukaemia in my bone marrow but I feel fine. Last time I lost my appetite, I was very skinny and pale and couldn't walk up the stairs. Well I feel just fine so who knows what it is.
I will tell you when we know.
Otherwise back to horrid general anaesthetic in the morning - yuk!

3 comments:

Post Pals said...

Hi Mima, Sorry you are going to the hospital rather than jersey tomorrow. Will be thinking of you and hoping for good news :) Love Viks x

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
Good luck at the Hospital Today.
I was hoping to read lots of good news on your next update but oh well.......better news on the next one!
Hope its over with quickly and you don't feel to poorly after the G.A
Take care Mima,
Lotsa love,
Max
xxx

Katty said...

Hello Mima, Long time no speak! How are you? I hope the hospital went ok today...
Jersey... its a shame that you can't go there - another disappointment. I've been and to be honest it is not that amazing. I am sure you will get the chance to go another time.
What a strange day you had yesterday! I hope tomorrow you will have a less strange day with everything back to normal. I will look forward to some good news :-) Lots of love Kathryn xxx P.S. It was Morgan's birthday the other day - 6 years old (it means that he is 30!!)I wish he would act his age! P.P.S. I hope your family are all ok too x