Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

SUNDAY 7TH FEBRUARY 2010




HELLO EVERYONE!!!
We had a fab time in Barbados and the sunshine, sand and sea made us all feel so much better. Before we went, my face was really really sore and the skin was soooo dry, it was driving me mad but after a week in Barbados it was so much better. I used a cream called Vitamin E gel by Jo Malone (soooo soooo expensive) but it works so well it is worth every penny (mummy says!) It is all because my immune system is starting to work again and that affects your skin apparently. (I know Ruby's face is sore at the moment, so try this cream, it works wonders - much better than the ½% hydorcortisone the docs gave me).

I had my first clinic appointment since my treatement finished when we came back from Barbados and we were quite worried. While we were on holiday I had started to get quite tired and had spotted some bruises again so I was worried it was the Leukaemia coming back. Mummy and Daddy were very worried too and so when I went to clinic I had a blood test - but don't forget, I dont have a port any more so I had to have a needle stuck in to my arm. Actually it didnt really hurt! Anyway, the results showed that I was fine and had obviously just been enjoying the swimming and running around too much!

My next appointment is on Wednesday and so far, I have been feeling great. I have been to school every day, for the whole day (apart from one afternoon when I felt sick) so I am really proud of myself. My tummy is still not behaving too well, so I have a few problems there but I can manage that.

I took the entrance exam for a new school a couple of weeks ago. I was really scared because I have missed so much school but guess what..................................I got in, they want me!!! So that means that in September, Emily and I will be at the same school again, Yippeeeeee!!!

I just want to say to anyone who reads my blog who has leukaemia now, it really is ok..............I know cos I have done it.

I will write again when I have some news!

Have fun everyone

Love Mima xxx






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mima,
It's lovely to hear from you, and i love your colourful writing. It seems ages since you last wrote on your blog.....well it is, but thats because you've been having so much fun by the sounds of it....just how we like it!!
Im glad to hear your clinic appointment went ok, and you're very brave having the needle in your arm.
A new school hey, sounds good, i bet you're really looking forward to being at the same school as Emily again.
Alfie will be moving in to the Juniors in September, it don't seem like 5 minutes since he was in the Nursery, and now he's nearly 7 and going in to year 3!!!
We went to a party last Saturday, and he was playing in the front room with a few girls who are about your age, and when i went to check on them, they had put a dress on him, put lipstick and eyeshadow on him, put a long Red wig on him and painted his Nails BRIGHT RED!!!!
He said "I let them do it Mummy - it's ok" Hmmmmmmm, I had the job of trying to get it all off him, which was ok, until i came to the Nail polish, you can still see some of it even now!
Anyway, it's lovely to hear from you Mima,
Take care,
Lotsa Love,
Max
xxxxxxxxxxx

Katty said...

Hi Mima. It is so nice to hear from you and that you had a lovely time in Barbados. From the photos it looks like you had a wonderful time (getting yourself all tired you must have been doing loads) and you got a nice tan (I am jealous though I am going to Tenerife in 2 days so I won't be jealous much longer!).
Going to a new school after the summer must be very exciting and seeing your sis again too so that is doubly good. I agree blood tests don't hurt a lot do they but the strangest thing was I had my flu jab a few weeks ago and I thought it was going to be even more painful than all the blood tests but it was hardly anything - I didn't feel a thing! It is actually better than blood tests!
I am soooo glad you had a fantastic time on holiday anyway. And now it is half term nearly! Have a great time. One more day at college and then we are going away which I am looking forward to. We're leaving M&S in the care of my sis tho which I am apprehensive about (more for her sake than theres - I know she will look after them well but the question is what will they do to her?).
Speak to you soon and lots of love,
Kathryn xxx
P.S. I fell out with Morgan because he scratched up my hand and I have about six big proper deep scratches. The children at the school where my placement is keep asking what I did to my hand. I explain that I have a very naughty cat called Morgan who gets angry and scratches. I don't think Morgan's really naughty, I think he has behavioural issues x

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you again. Obviously your holiday was great and did lots of good.Pleased to hear you,ve found something that has helped your skin to heal.I can imagine how worried you must have been when you weren't feeling so strong,but you were very ill and I would imagine it takes a while to get back to your old self. Your body has been through quite an ordeal.Hope your tummy sorts itself out soon.
CONGRADULATIONS on being accepted to the new school.Starting there will be another new experience.
Lots of love and I hope you find time to update your blog soon.I look forward to hearing what your doing.
Sue