Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Tuesday 22nd December 2009

Delivering Christmas cards
Ready for the Frost Ball

In Lapland


Well, I have been really rather busy!

I have been to Lapland and had an absolutely fantastic time (it would have been better if Mummy was there though)

I have been to my first ever Ball and had an absolutely fantastic time at that too (it would not have been as good if Mummy was there though!)
I have had my port out (I am glad Mummy was there)

I have finished school for 2009 and we are all getting ready for Christmas.

I had a swine flu injection which made me have swine flu. I had a temperature and everything ached, I felt sick and had a sore throat. It was horrible.

I have to tell you though, I am really very unhappy at the moment. I have a really bad cough and cold and Mummy won't let me go anywhere. I was invited to the cinema and she said NO, I am meant to be at the Panto tonight but she said NO and then I am meant to be going to the theatre on Christmas eve with all my cousins but so far she has said NO NO NO.

I do understand because we are going to Barbados on 28th December and I have to be better for that otherwise she will say NO to Barbados!!!

Anyway, I would just like to say

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year!

Love Mima x

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
So happy to hear from you at last Mima, and i wondered if you would make it to Lapland this year......and you did!!!
The photos are great, you look lovely, and so grown up!
I think it's for the best that Mummy keeps saying NO, but i bet you dont agree! I cant believe you had the swine flu injection AND GOT SWINE FLU....Typical!
And as for Barbados.......well........im sooooooooooo jelous but have a fantastic time and a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY - VERY HEALTHY 2010!
Lotsa love always Mima,
Max
xxx

Katty said...

HAPPY CHRISTMAS MIMA. Lapland and Barbados in the same month, how lucky are you!!! I'm very jealous too but think you and your family deserve it more than me so I won't complain. I will imagine you lying on the beach in the sun and I hope you have a super time.
I love the photos they look fanatastic. You have grown up loads and going to a ball... WOW you look really beautiful.
Have a really brilliant Christmas tomorrow and Santa brings you everything you want. Everyone who reads this HAPPY CHRISTMAS - can't wait!
Lots of love, Kathryn xxx Morgan and Scooby are looking forward to getting their claws into the catnip tomorrow though are very sad that they've after today there is no advent calendar left. They send their purrs

Anonymous said...

Happy Chrismas Mima, Emily, Mummy and Daddy........And Katty!!!
Hope santa brought you everything you all wished for.
It's complete chaos at my house at the moment!
Have a lovely day today and a wonderful holiday Mima,
Lotsa Love,
Max
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

So you are off to Barbados today. Have I wonderful trip.
Love the photographs its so wonderful to see you well.
That swine flu thing sounds horrible I hope that the cough is better now.
Glad you made the trip to Lapland at last.
You certainly making up for the last couple of years.
I hope 2010 is a wonderful year for everyone especially you.
lots of love
Sue

Alyson said...

Hi Mima, I am the mum of an 11 year old boy from Brighton with ALL, diagnosed Feb 08. I have taken great comfort and interest in your blog, thank you for sharing it with others. I can see your sense of humour has helped get you through. So pleased for you that you have finished treatment and everything is ok. I hope you got to Barbados and enjoyed it, you deserve it!! Best wishes for the future XX