Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Thursday 18th June 2009

I am just going to tell you something which is really annoying me:
I would really really really like to go on a school trip and my choir are going to France for a few days next week but I can't go because I have Leukaemia and have to take too many pills and stuff like that but now something else has happened. My year are going on a school trip to Twin Lakes next week and because of my funny head thingys and because I have had a few absence episodes since my last ITMTX two weeks ago, it means that Mummy has to come with me on our trip. It just is not fair and I really want to go on my own and be with my friends.
I am angry! Oh yes, and I am on steroids!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Mimes, let it all out!!! Have a good scream and shout you will feel much better.
Dont worry about your mummy going to twin lakes i am sure she will blend in with the teachers and you'll forget that she's there.
Have fun tomorrow thanks for the loan of the dress - Fifi looks very cute in it, dont forget your camera there should be some good shots!!!
Keep smiling
love
Sinead and the Furbies

Post Pals said...

Hi Mima, sorry you can't go on the school trip, I know its not the same but is there something special you can do over those few days? My Dad came on a week away with the school when i was 10 (it was just before i got ill and so he came just as the teachers needed some helpers), he didnt cramp my style (lol!) though, most of the time i was just with my friends unless i snuck into his room as he was given more biscuits than us!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima! Don't worry about your Mummy because while you are having fun on the Rides, you will forget about it! Also, thank you for the Scrapbook! It's so cool! See you at School! Ayesha xxx

Katty said...

Mima, no wonder you are upset, I think I would be too. It must not be nice not to be allowed to do this and having to do that all the time and I bet you have heard everyone say 'it's for your own good' but it's still annoying. France: personally I think France is overrated so you are not missing much though I understand its about your friends going too. Think of all those frogs and snails you won't have to eat! It could be a good idea, like your anonymous friend says, to do something special whilst they are away. Twinlakes: I'm sure your mum wil blend into the background as I bet she knows how much you want to be with your friends. Like Sinead says, have a good scream it makes me feel a whole lot better sometimes. After this are there only 4 steroids left??? The end is drawing near and then you will be able to do these things again.
Enjoy twinlakes. Hope the weather is nice for you - they have some really good rides there now. Tell us how it went.
Lots of love, Kathryn xxx

mima said...

Hi mima,
guess who...........
i am just as good as you,
i am just as intelligent
(not that you are intelligent)
i have your curly hair
i am on that horrid treatment
but guess who!!!!

i am you!!!!!

from mima xxx

p.s i did this cus i was bored at home waiting for mummy to take me to school!!! xxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

WELL I THOUGHT I WAS GOIN MAD WHEN I READ THE LAST COMMENT!
I HOPE YOU FEEL ABIT BETTER ABOUT THINGS THAN YOU DID LAST THURSDAY MIMA?
I CAN UNDERSTAND HOW FRUSTRATED YOU MUST FEEL NOT BEING ABLE TO DO THINGS THE SAME AS YOUR FRIENDS, BUT IT'S NOT ALL BAD HAVING MUMMY TAG ALONG YOU KNOW, I BET YOU WONT EVEN KNOW SHE'S THERE.........OR HAVE YOU ALREADY BEEN TO TWINLAKES???
ANYWAY, IF YOU HAVE, I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME...AND IF NOT, HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!!!
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LOVE,
MAX
xxx

Anonymous said...

Well Mummuy is probably preferable to Daddy coming!! Then you really would be embarrassed. Hasve a great time (or have you been lots and lots of love Jemm Eff xxxx

Anonymous said...

hope your feeling more calm.Guess you've been to twin lakes by now hope you enjoyed it and that mummy behaved herself.

Love Sue