Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

MONDAY 13TH JULY 2009

This is me at Twin Lakes on the school trip!
I am having such fun so far this holiday and have been feeling pretty good. I am off to clinic on Wednesday for steroids and some vin and christine but we have to go to the ward to lower the risk of catching swine flu. My family are all very worried about swine flu because if I get it it would be very bad news. Anyway, no time to worry about that, I am busy having a fun holiday!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA,

WOW......WHAT A PICTURE!
IVE NEVER SEEN A RIDE LIKE THAT BEFORE! LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD GREAT FUN,AND NO SIGN OF MUMMY....WAS SHE HIDING??
GLAD YOU'RE FEELING WELL, AND I AGREE,NO TIME TO WORRY ABOUT THE DREADED S.F!
WERE OFF TO THE CARAVAN ON THE 27th JULY FOR 5 WEEKS AND A DAY....CANT WAIT!
GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW AT THE CLINIC AND KEEP ON FEELING WELL!! ENJOY THE REST OF THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS.
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LOVE,
MAX
xxx

Anonymous said...

hi Mimes,
I know you're busy having fun because I saw you! I hope you had a good ride - looked like it was going to be fun as there were quite a few of you - did you stay dry? Anyway, love to all and I hop you might find a spare moment in your fun-packed diary to get together with me and the boys,love Jemma Eff xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

hi Mimes,
I know you're busy having fun because I saw you! I hope you had a good ride - looked like it was going to be fun as there were quite a few of you - did you stay dry? Anyway, love to all and I hop you might find a spare moment in your fun-packed diary to get together with me and the boys,love Jemma Eff xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi there great picture.
Hope the clinic went well yesterday.
Glad you've been feeling well but take care.
Lots of love
Sue

Katty said...

Hello Mima! You will have to tell me whether that ride was good. I went to Twinlakes with my cousins last half term and they went on that but I wasn't very keen because I thought I would get sick. I'm going again next week with a playscheme I help out on so perhaps I will have a go then as you seemed to enjoy it. I am very glad you enjoyed Twinlakes and you are having a lot of fun this holiday - I hope you are having fun now though because I guess you are on those pesky steroids again: how many more to go now???
I hope the sun comes out for you it seems like it can't decide whether to be nice or rain. I wish wish wish you a very happy summer and lots of fun.
Take care of yourself and lots of love, Kathryn xxx
P.S. it was Scooby's 5th birthday yesterday and he treated himself to a birthday nap all day x

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimes, we just got back from our annual blast in the Minorcan sunshine - it was fab but too hot! Now we are cold last night we went to bed with hot water bottles. Hope you are enjoying the holidays. Fifi & Mima are sailing at Whitwell all next week and I think there are several Stoneygate children booked on to courses so pop along id you are free. Love to you all from the Furbers