Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Thursday 16th April 2009

This is me and my bff Georgia when we went climbing with Guy and Eddie. Don't laugh at our hats!!!
I have been feeling pretty good for the last couple of weeks, apart from a bad cold and cough, cough, cough, cough, cough - that is what I have been doing, all day and all night!
Now, what have I been up to????????????? Well, I have been riding, cycling, sailing, climbing, dog walking, sleep over with friends, pottery painting and out to the cinema (twice). I had a fab birthday and Easter was pretty scrummy too!
Back to school on Monday and I can't wait to see all my friends. I am hoping to have a go at guitar lessons this term too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOW WOULD WE LAUGH AT YOUR HATS!!!

HELLO MIMA,I WAS JUST WONDERING WHERE YOU'D GOT TO, BUT I THOUGHT TO MYSELF YOU WILL WRITE SOON, TELLING US ALL ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE BEEN UPTO OVER EASTER....AND YOU DID!
SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD LOTS OF FUN APART FROM THE COUGH AND COLD YOU'VE GOT, AND SO HAVE I, AND I AM AWAKE MOST OF THE NIGHT COUGHING BUT I SHOULDN'T COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE LAST BAD COLD I HAD WAS IN 1995 WHEN I WAS HAVING DAN!
WE HAVE BEEN IN THE CARAVAN OVER EASTER AND HAD LOTS OF FUN APART FROM THE RAIN WE HAD.....ALL OVER TOO SOON THOUGH, AND THE BOYS ARE BACK TO SCHOOL ON MONDAY.
HOPE YOU DO OK WITH YOUR GUITAR LESSONS,IM SURE YOU WILL...
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LOVE,
MAX
xxx

Anonymous said...

As usual you did everything you could when you where on holiday. I wasn't surprised that you hadn't been updating your blog. I guessed you were out and about enjoying life.I'm pleased to hear that you've been feeling pretty good.Hope the cough has cleared up or that it does soon.
So you think you might try guitar lessons.What happened to the violin? I seem to recall you had a try at that sometime ago.
Well summer is on the way in your part of the world. I hope this year you have a decent one not so much rain.It's going into winter here but the days are still very warm.
I have to go now my cat is demanding attention.She gets jealous when I am busy on the laptop.
Lots of Love
Sue

Katty said...

MIMA!! I'm so glad you are having a lot of fun over your easter holiday, as long as you are happy and having a nice time it doesn't matter how long it is until you update your blog. You sound as though you've been very busy. Do you go to that pottery painting place on Welford Road? I went there last Thursday with my cousin too! Guitar lessons... I hope you stick at them longer than I did but I was hopeless at it, I'm sure you'll be a lot better though. You look great in the photo - regarding the hats you never know you might start a trend! Well maybe not. Hope you carry on enjoying yourself. Lots of love Kathryn :-)
P.S. It was Morgan's 5th brithday on the 9th of April. We made him a cake but he wasn't very impressed -to busy enjoying his birthday sleep x

Unknown said...

Dear Mima
Lovely to read all your cheery news .. looking forward to seeing you soon. Hope your party went well on Saturday.
Lots of love Auntie Nic Nocs
x

Anonymous said...

I think you're hats look very fetching! Hope you enjoyed the climbing along with everything else - is there anything you didn't do over the holiday? Have a great day back at school and hope to see you all soon, love the jemma Effs xxx

Daisy & Archie Reed said...

Hi Mims
I'm so sorry I haven't written on your blog for so long. Wow - you sound as if you've had an amazing Easter break - what about the eggs? Did you get any? We've had a fun time seeing lots of friends and going on a rugby tour to Southport. The weather was fantastic. Glad you liked your necklace and thank you for your letter.

Anonymous said...

glad you are getting better sounds like you are having loads of fu i hope i will see you soon bye mima!