Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Tuesday 24th March 2009

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!!!
I AM SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!
Unfortunately, I am going to clinic in the morning for my monthly IV chemo and steroids - great birthday present, thanks very much!!!
Then I am going to school and taking a cake with me to have with all my friends. I am sooooooo excited (did I already tell you that!!!)
Then Daddy and Mummy are going to take me out for tea to my favourite place Zizzi, in Market Harborough (because Emily is going on a sleepover (not fair, I wanted her to be at home on my birthday)).
I don't know how I am going to get to sleep tonight because I am soooooo excited (I think I may have already said that!)
Night Night!!! Next time I update my blog I will be 10!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU SEEM A LITTLE EXCITED MIMA....ANYONE WOULD THINK IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY SOON!!!

I HOPE ALL GOES WELL AT THE CLINIC TOMORROW,AND YOU GET OUT IN TIME TO SHARE YOUR CAKE OUT AT SCHOOL, AND HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME AT ZIZZI...IM SURE YOU WILL!

MOST OF ALL...HAVE A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima

Happy Birthday 2 u
Happy Birthday 2 u
Happy Birthday Dear Mima
Happy Birthday 2 u

Hi Mima have a great birthday
see you soon from Ben xxxx

Anonymous said...

yhi

Katty said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear Mima,
Happy birthday to you.

HAVE A REALLY FANTASTIC DAY!!!!

Love, Kathryn xxx

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY double figures now 10!!
Bad luck having to go for steroids and chemo today of all days.I hope it goes well and you get to school to enjoy your cake with your friends.
I'm sure you'll have a lovely tea at your favourite place with Mummy and Daddy pity that Emily can't make it.
I hope you get some presents.
Lots of Love
Sue

Jan said...

Hope you had a really nice time at Zizzis (I like going there too!) and lots of nice things on your birthday - my friend's little boy wrote a poem in school when he turned 10 - maybe you might like it :)

Ten is a fantastic age to be
Ten is amazing
Ten is.....ME!

Keep your colours shining Mima,

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 10 YEAR OLD!!

Wow, you are double figures. That is soooooh grown up.

Hope you had a lovely meal at Zizzis and that you enjoy the Easter hols.

I bet you have got some good things planned.

Let us know.

Love the Greenlees x x x

Anonymous said...

hey jemima,
i hope you had a nice birthday
I'm really glad your okay :)
It was lovely seeing you a spring fair..long time no speak ill say.
Say hey to emily too for me.
<3 love you chicken. Hayley .xxxx

Katty said...

Hi Mima!! I hope your ok and now your steroids have finished you are enjoying this lovely weather. I thought I would tell you before I forget - you were in my dream last night! How strange is that when I haven't even met you!! You were at your school (though I have never been there either!). I was helping out in the class for some reason (I dont know why). Well I hope your ok anyway and your managing to go to school. Take care of yourself! Lots of love Kathryn xxx

Katty said...

Happy Easter Mima!!!!!! Hope you and Emily have lots and lots of yummy eggs. I've got 2 catnip ones for Morgan and Scooby so they'll be chomping through them in no time. Love Kathryn xxx