Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Monday 9th February 2009

Igloo building at school Snow girl on the green

Sissy Snake and me (leg in cast!)

Steroids finished the weekend before last but I felt really poorly right up until Thursday last week. Did I tell you about my ankle? I don't think so. Well, you know it was hurting me and I went to see the doctors? They took x-rays and luckily it is not broken - I think I may have told you that bit. Then I went for my regular monthly clinic appointment and Dr Visser thought I really needed to rest it otherwise it would be a big problem for a long time so guess what?!?!? I have had it in plaster for the last 10 days and hopefully it will come off this Thursday. It is difficult to tell whether it feels any better because I can't move it in the cast so we will just have to see! Dr Visser also sorted out a few other things and I will soon be having my toenail operated on because it keeps growing in and he gave me some new pills to have twice a day because my tummy has been hurting and I have felt sick alot. I have had them for a couple of weeks now and they have made me fell much better.


We have had so much fun in the snow. We built an igloo at school, Daddy took us sledging (and he fell off!!!) and Mummy and I built a snow girl on the green outside our house for everyone to see but tonight can you believe this? Emily saw some boys messing about and then they took the head, sunglasses and hat off our snowgirl!!!

Can I just say thank you very much to everyone who sends me letters, cards and presents - I had an amazing cushion sent to me this week with four different pictures of horses made from cross stitch on the front of it. It is gorgeous so thank you very much.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL MIMA........I LOOKED AT YOUR PICTURES, AND I THOUGHT TO MYSELF "I MUST HAVE MISSED ONE OF YOUR WRITE UPS CUS I'M SURE I DIDN'T READ ABOUT YOU HAVING YOUR LEG IN PLASTER" AND THEN I CARRIED ON READING......!!!
YOU CERTAINLY DON'T DO THINGS BY HALFS DO YOU?
I'M GLAD YOUR TABLETS ARE WORKING, AND MAKING YOU FEEL MUCH BETTER, BUT I REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW YOU KEEP UP WITH IT ALL!
YOU AMAZE ME.....
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
xxx

Anonymous said...

Dr Visser sounds helpful.Glad that the meds he gave you seem to helping your tummy.
The snow looks amazing I love the bikini.Shame on those boys what a nasty thing to do.
Sledging sounds as though it was fun.
So much snow!I heard on the news today that there have been fresh falls in the last 24 hours.
Hope Thursday goes well and the cast comes off to reveal a repaired ankle, good to go.
Looking forward to hearing from you again soon.Its always interesting you do so much.
Lots of love
Sue

Katty said...

Hello Mima! You've been very busy in the snow I see. I think your snow girl and igloo are sooo good - my run-of-the-mill snowman isn't a patch on that! Deary deary me you have your leg in plaster - if its not your arm its your leg... how do you manage to do it all thats what I want to know!
It's not good that you have been poorly even after your steroids though it must be a relief now the medicine is working its magic. Morgan has been sulking because of the cold (in true Morgan fashion with his head on the floor) and Scooby has been in and out undecided about whether he likes the snow. Personally I love it and it seems like you do too.
Lots of love Kathryn xxx P.S. Digby looks like he likes the snow too. It is a lovely photo of him x

Michelle said...

Hi Mima, absolutely loved the new photos... especially the one of you and sissy snake you are both beautiful, I love your outfits XXXX
Glad you got to enjoy the snow. AND Strictly... little secret my sister worked on strictly way back when and got to go to Iceland with Aled Jones and Lydia...
Catch you soon....please don't get any more plaster casts. Say hi to Mum from Me
Michelle and Mia XXXXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima - my name is BRIAR and I live in Hamilton, New Zealand. I am 8yrs old and got A.L.L. as well on 10 October 2007, (4 months after you). My mum found your website and we have been reading it. My mum and dad think we look very alike. Do you have an email address? Mine is: princessbriar@hotmail.com if you ever want to email me and I can send you a photo of me. The funny thing is I have my leg in a cast too, I was doing a flip on the tramp and got double bounced and landed on my ankle. I have just started back at school this year as I was off all last year because I was always so neutropenic.

I would love to hear from you. Take care. Love Briar xxx

Anonymous said...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY MIMA!!!!!!!
Love
? x