Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

16th February 2009


I had my cast taken off on Friday instead of Thursday because Mark was in theatre on Wednesday until four o'clock (in the morning) so we thought we would let him have a sleep so we can see him in his best mood!!!!!! When we saw him on Friday he was in his best mood and he cut the cast off with a saw and luckily it doesn't cut skin. After that I could walk on my ankle but it felt really weird. Then I started running down the stairs with sissy snake and I made my ankle hurt again. Now it hurts as much as it did before so we e-mailed Mark and since then its feeling much better so I need to tell Mark.
I am on half term now and I have fun filled week, this is what I am doing: Today I have a blood test (not so good) but then I am going out with granny fish and papa for lunch. On Tuesday I am going to the cinema with auntie Nic Nocs (if my neutrophils) are okay. On Wednesday I am going to the riding stables with my best friend Georgia for the day. On Thursday I am going out with Gillie my great auntie. On Friday I am going to hospital for my 2nd verucca appointment because at my first appointment they didn't have the right potion (liquid nitrogen) to put on my foot so I had to go home. On Friday afternoon I am going down to devon for the weekend. And that is my week. (I didn't tell you what I was doing all week because I wanted to make you jealous, it was just incase I forget what I am doing I can check what I am doing!!! I hope everyone has a good half term.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima, you can tell it's half term for everyone else and not for us as I'm at my desk, and therefore I get to leave the first message! Sounds as though you've got lots going on - be careful with that ankle of yours though won't you? I'm glad the pills for your tummy are working - I keep meaning to ask Mummy. We missed you last week and can't wait to ski with you next year... Love to all of you, Jemma Effs xxx

Anonymous said...

Well - it sounds like you have a brilliant week organised. Well done Mummy! I am glad that you have got a lot to look forward to and that you are going to Devon(because that is where I come from and I know how lovely it is down there!)
Also... I posted a message last week about your lovely snowgirl and it doesn't seem to be anywhere so that is a bit mysterious! Glad the steroids are over with now. Love The Greenlees x x x

Katty said...

Hello Mima, did you go to the cinema today - what did you see?? Your week sounds more exciting than mine because here I am sitting in uni... you don't have to worry about making us jealous though I'm just pleased your having an enjoyable time!! No wonder you forget what your do your always so busy! Hope you and your family have a fab time in Devon. Lots of love Kathryn P.S. Scooby is in a mardy with me because I slept over at my friends on Sunday night. When I got back he just walked off in a huff. I'm sure he'll get over it though xxx

Katty said...

P.P.S. It's quite funny seeing that picture of your cast!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima, Mummy's been helping me read your blog, i hope your leg feels a bit better and that you have a fun half term. Love Lucy Barton xx

Anonymous said...

hope you had a good time in Devon and that your ankle is completely better now.
You have such a busy schedule you need a secretary but I suppose mummy takes care of that.
Lots of love
Sue