Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Tuesday 27th January 2009

Sorry, sorry, sorry
I am so sorry for not updating my blog sooner. I have been very busy and I have been trying to go to school as much as possible. Infact last week I nearly, very nearly, made it through a whole week which would have been the first time since I was diagnosed in June 2007! But anyway, I didn't because my ankle was hurting me sooooooo much so we went to hospital on Friday afternoon to have an x-ray and see the doctors. Unfortunately, the orthopaedic doctors were so busy they couldn't come to see me and we had to wait 3½ hours until they told us they were soooo busy and we would just have to wait. Luckily Mummy's cousin is an orthopaedic consultant so he very kindly came to see me once we got home and checked out my x-rays. I have not broken anything, just strained something and have to rest. I love running and playing sports at school though so it is not so easy for me to rest!!!
Now, whilst I was at hospital, the TV cameras turned up to film Dr Visser and guess what??????? I was on the BBC news on Friday night. Just incase you missed it you can click on here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/7846964.stm and then you can play the clip of the news!!
I am still busy, busy and feeling sort of ok but oh no, oh no, oh no ....................guess what happens tomorrow?????!!!!! S T E R O I D S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just know I am not going to be very happy by Thursday and do you know what???????? It is Mummy and Daddy's wedding anniversary and they are going to go out and leave me at home with Granny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PHEWWWW....YOU'RE BACK!
HELLO MIMA, I WAS BEGINNING TO WONDER WHERE YOU'D GOT TO, BUT THEN I THOUGHT TO MYSELF YOU'RE EITHER TOO BUSY OR YOUR LAPTOPS BROKEN!
WELL IM VERY GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU DON'T HAVE ANOTHER BROKEN BONE TO ADD TO YOUR COLLECTION, AND I HOPE IT FEELS BETTER SOON.
WELL, I HAD A VERY EXCITING WEEKEND,...I WENT TO BIRMINGHAM TO BE IN THE AUDIENCE OF BRITAINS GOT TALENT 2009!! WE MET ANT & DEC, PIERS MORGAN, AMANDA HOLDEN AND........SIMON COWELL!!! THEN I HAD MY PHOTO TOOK WITH LITTLE CONNIE TALBOT WHO WAS ON BGT 2 YEARS AGO!! THERE WERE SOME VERY FUNNY PEOPLE ON, SO I CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM ON THE TV!
I MISSED YOU ON THE NEWS ON FRIDAY SO I WILL CLICK ON YOUR LINK IN A MOMENT!
WISH MUMMY & DADDY A VERY HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY FOR THURSDAY, IM SURE YOU'LL HAVE FUN WITH GRANNY....THATS IF YOU FEEL UPTO IT AFTER YOUR STEROIDS, HOPE THEY DON'T MAKE YOU FEEL TOO YUCKY!!
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
xxx

Katty said...

MIMA! I MISSED YOU!!! I was hoping that you were just too busy to write and you were having the time of your life. You don't have to be sorry for not writing though - your ok and thats the main thing... well ok apart from you strained ankle. How did you manage to do that then missy?? I thought you were fantastic on the tv (I clicked the link sadly I didn't get to see it on the tv) - how does it feel to be even more famous than you are already? You will get people asking for your autograph next! I hope the steroid days pass quickly and you have a great time with your Gran.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MUMMY AND DADDY!!
Lots of love Kathryn xxx

Michelle said...

Hi Mima, great to see you on the TV (I clicked the link). You look really well and good for you nearly making a whole week at school. Hope the steroids are kind to you this week, then you get another 28 days off!! I'm sure you'll be fine at home with your Granny, and look at it this way Mum and Dad will have to be really nice to you because they've had a night out :-) Lots of Love XX