Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Thursday 8th January


Hi everyone, I have just finished my steroids and woken up this morning and been sick! But now I am feeling much better and ready to go to my friend Lily's house and then tomorrw my best friend Georgia's house . I went to ZIZZI yesterday with Philly phil pot, Guy and Arabella and I saw William, a friend from school . I ate one of my favourite foods when I was first diagnosed "carbonara" that was delicious. I am going to the riding stables on Saturday which will be fun because I have not been in ages. But I did go and see India Pover's horse Spinner on Monday because my sleepover was cancelled with my cousin Molly because she had a cold but I am still sleeping over at her house on Sunday and then staying over and playing all day Monday!! Mummy thinks I am too busy but I dont. I am ready to go back to school now and see all my friends that I am missing so I am looking forward to next Wednesday to do that.

Special messages: I hope Ben and Lucy and everyone on the ward are feeling okay and ready to go back to school. I hope Bethany is still feeling fantastic and Asma is feeling good too.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
I have to say I agree a bit with Mummy - you are VERY busy!! I'm glad you're having a good time and I love the picture (but I told you that already)Enjoy all your trips - won't be long before you're back at school - hope Em is OK - pleae send her our love, love the Jemma Effs xxxx

Anonymous said...

hi mima,
i am bored
r u

from mima xxx

Katty said...

Hi Mima! That is a lovely picture of you and Zizzi! I bet all the horses at the riding stable will be very pleased to see you when you go on Saturday - probably be as glad as you are to see them! You always seem to be a very very busy bee but, hey, if thats the way you like it - just don't tire yourself out too much. You always seem to do fantastic things anyway (except the hospital and feeling poorly stuff).
Well troubles just come entered the house in the shape of Morgan. I better go because I have soooo much work to do. Lot of love to you, Kathryn xxx
P.S. Is that you who's bored Mima, or another Mima? I'm confused! Surely you can't be bored with all the things you do lol? x

Anonymous said...

glad to know you're feeling better.
Great picture,lovely horse.I can imagine how much you're looking forward to going to the stables today.You have quite a busy weekend it seems. Enjoy every minute and good luck with school on Wednesday.
Lots of love
Sue

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA,
HOPE YOU'RE FEELING OK? HOW DID IT GO AT THE STABLES TODAY...GOOD I HOPE, AND I HOPE YOU HAVN'T BROKEN ANY BONES?!?!
YOU DO SEEM VERY BUSY AT THE MOMENT BUT AS LONG AS YOU TRY AND TAKE IT SLOWLY I'M SURE YOU'LL BE FINE!
WELL I'M OFF TO BIRMINGHAM ON JAN 24th AS I HAVE WON TICKETS TO BE IN THE AUDIENCE OF 'BRITAINS GOT TALENT' SO I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT, TROUBLE IS, ALL MY FRIENDS WANT TO COME BUT I'VE ONLY WON 9 TICKETS!!!
NOT LONG UNTIL WEDNESDAY AND YOU WILL SEE ALL YOUR FRIENDS AGAIN, WE THOUGHT WE'D GONE DEAF WHEN THE BOYS WENT BACK TO SCHOOL ON TUESDAY...IT WAS SOOOOO QUIET!!!
ANYWAY, I'M OFF FOR A SHOWER NOW SO TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
XXX

Anonymous said...

Hiyaa,
Hope you are feeling good and thankyou for the message! I love the picture of you and Zizzi. She is beautiful.
Love Bethany x

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima, we missed you on the 'ballet run' today. I hope your feeling better soon. I was hoping to hear more info on how things were going with EG!!!! have you thought of any more funny rhymes??? Love Sinead and Co

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA,
HOPE YOU'RE OK???
I'M WONDERING WHERE YOU'VE GOT TO!!!
SUPPOSE YOU'RE BUSY AS USUAL?
WHEREVER YOU ARE, AND WHATEVER YOU'RE UPTO, TAKE CARE,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
XXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimes, we just watched last nites TV appearance, you look FAB. The Mima smiles really steals the show!!!!
Rose's are Red
Grass is Green
.. is the cutest boy
that Stoneygate has ever seen!!!!!!
Amy was OK after her bumped head, though the lump is still massive!!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend
Love
The Furbers

Anonymous said...

miss hearing from you hope you're okay and just too busy to add to the blog.
Love
Sue