Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

WEDNESDAY 24TH DECEMBER 2008

NEARLY, VERY VERY NEARLY CHRISTMAS!!!
Well, I have had my LP and Dr Madi decided it was best to keep giving me the ITMTX eventhough it may be irritating my brain. If I have another seizure then Mummy and Daddy and Dr Madi will have another talk about it but just now I am ok. My nurses have been very naughty though..................do you know what happened???? Well, last week Julie took my blood and put it in an orange bottle but it went to the wrong hospital so they lost it so then I had to go to hospital the next day for another blood test. That means my port in my chest has to be accessed (a big needle stuck into my chest) twice in two days......ouch ouch ouch! Then do you know what happened this week................Julie took my blood and it went in an orange bottle again and the hospital it went to lost it AGAIN so Corinne had to come today to take some more so that is another needle just a day after the last one. My port is really sore now and is quite fed up with being poked and is really really bruised so we are going to have a rest next week and just take my blood from my hand instead - yukkkkkkk!
We have been very busy, I finished school last week and had a big carol service which was cool. The week before we had a Jemima Invites Carol Service at Oakham School and I read from the bible. I really loved doing that eventhough there were over 420 people in the chapel!
I have had my friend Georgia over to play and we are all just about ready for Christmas now. Emily and I are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited we have decided to go to bed early tonight so that Santa can come quickly!!! We are going to meet our cousins in the pub first and then rush home to bed. Can't wait, can't wait can't wait. Then tomorrow we have Auntie Nic Nocs, Uncle Y'Ed, Hattie, Max and Tilly, Auntie and Uncle Geoff, Auntie Dottie and Uncle Maurice, Granny and Papa, Mummy, Daddy, Emily and Me for Christmas day Yiiiipppeeee!!!
Have fun everyone and happy, happy christmas!!!

8 comments:

Katty said...

HAPPY CHRISTMAS MIMA!!!! It sounds like you have had a time and a half with all your bloods being lost and sent to the wrong hospital, bless you. But now it's Christmas and you can have fun and it sounds like you will seeing your cousins, aunties, uncle and grandparents - you will be tired out by the end of the day anyway! You'll have to tell us what Santa brought you. I hope he brought you lots and lots of wonderful things. Have a lovely rest of the day Mima and I and Morgan and Scooby send our love and purrs, Kathryn xXx

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA, IT'S LOVELY TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN....I WAS BEGINNING TO WONDER WHERE YOU'D GOT TO!
I HOPE YOU AND EMILY HAD LOTS OF LOVELY PRESENTS THIS MORNING? I DID, I GOT A BIKE AND A PHONE AND LOTS OF OTHER BITS AND BOBS BUT MY BEST PRESENT WAS A PURSE NIALL MADE FOR ME AT SCHOOL AND I DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT SO IT WAS A LOVELY SURPRISE!
WE HAD A LOVELY CHRISTMAS DINNER TODAY,JUST THE 6 OF US AND THE DOG,BUT I AM JUST WONDERING WHO COOKED FOR ALL 15 OF YOU 'CUS IF IT WAS MUMMY.......TELL HER SHE'S VERY BRAVE!
ALFIE HAD A DRUM SET AND PIANO, BUT I AM REALLY BEGINNING TO THINK I MADE A BIG MISTAKE LETTING SANTA BRING HIM THAT AS I CAN'T HEAR MYSELF THINK, SO BETWEEN HIM AND THE OTHER 3 BOYS WE HAVE HAD LOTS AND LOTS OF NOISE TODAY BUT LOTS OF FUN TOO!
WELL I'M OFF TO PLAY A GAME WITH NIALL NOW SO TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
xxx

Anonymous said...

well I hope you had a super Christmas. You certainly deserved one, especially having had such a terrible time with the blood tests.
I missed not seeing anything on you blog for so long but I guessed you were busy with all the things that have to be done before Christmas.
I'm sure the carol service was lovely.I wish I could have been there to hear you read.
I hope you and Emily got lots of lovely presents and that you enjoyed your day with all those guests.
Lots of Love
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hiyaa,
I hope you had a lovely christmas and I wish you a happy new year.
Love Bethany x

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you all!! Much love and best wishes from Jason, Anita, Ben, Lucy and Zoe XXX

Katty said...

Happy New Year Mima! Lots of love Kathryn xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jemima! It is Ayesha! I was just looking at your blog and i saw the picture when we were at the school disco! I saved it and i showed it to my mum. She thought it was really nice. See you at school! Ayesha x PS: Freya's mum told my mum about the Jemima Invites CD and she told me that there is a picture of me and you! It is going to be great!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima! Just one thing. If you want to email me email me at ayeshajohal@hotmail.co.uk. You can give me your email if you like! See you at school! PS: Your website is great!