Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Tuesday 9th December 2008


This is me and my school friends at the school disco. It was such fun and I danced with some of the boys too!!!
I have been on steroids and felt really yuk but now I have a cough and cold and feel even more yuk. I feel like I have low hb but apparently I don't. My legs hurt too. I went to school today but only for a couple of hours and I could hardly lift my head off the desk. Daddy picked me up and then when Mummy came home we went on a walk to get some fresh air with Digby. We went through the fields and down by the brook and Digby was really funny jumping in and out of the brook.
My arm is getting more and more better but one of the stitches from inside which was meant to dissolve has popped out and is really annoying. Nurse Julie tried to cut it off yesterday but it won't come off so I am just being careful with it. I can move my arm quite well but it is still sore.
We went to the ward 27 christmas party on Sunday and I saw lots of friends but most of us were on steroids so we were not very sociable. I wore my angel outfit and won a prize for most creative outfit! Thank you to all the nurses who made it such a good party.
I am meant to be going to Lapland on Friday but I have decided not to go because my arm is still too sore. We get to go on husky sleigh rides and snow motorbike thingys but I just wouldn't want to because I might bump my arm so I am not going. I didn't go last year either because I was poorly so I hope to be able to go next year.
Special message: Hello Rick, Jacquie and Mike!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA....
I LOVE YOUR DRESS! IS IT YOUR NEW TED BAKER ONE?
SORRY TO HEAR YOU ARE FEELING YUK, I THINK EVERYONE HAS THIS ROTTEN COUGH & COLD....EXCEPT ME! I SEEM TO ESCAPE IT EVERY TIME!
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN GOING TO LAPLAND ON FRIDAY, MAYBE YOU'LL MAKE IT NEXT YEAR HEY....3rd TIME LUCKY!
WELL WE'VE GOT ALFIE'S SCHOOL NATIVITY TOMORROW...HE'S AN ANGEL...(NOT!) SO WER'E LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT.
HAVE YOU GOT YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE UP YET? WE HAVE AND IT LOOKS VERY PRETTY...AT THE MOMENT, BUT IF THE BOYS KEEP TUGGING AT THE CHOCOLATE DECORATIONS LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN.....IT WON'T LOOK PRETTY FOR MUCH LONGER!
ANYWAY, JOSH IS BACK FROM FOOTBALL SO I MUST GO AND SORT HIM SOME TEA OUT!
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
xxx

Katty said...

Heya Mima, You look like you really enjoyed the disco. I love the photo (and the one you posted the other week) I think your hair is growing back fantastically and your a brunette like me!
Thought of you whilst you were on steroids and its a drag that you now have a cough and cold - typical. I hope it soughts itself out before Christmas. So you were going to go to Lapland... I am very jealous - this time next year you will be on your way there and hopefully NOTHING will get in your way that time. I'm pestering my parents to get a real tree this year though they won't listen. Do you have a real or fake tree? Its always fun putting our Christmas tree up because Morgan and Scooby like to climb up it and play with the baubles!
I have this silly essay to finish before we break up on Thursday so I'm going to go and stop rambling on. I hope you are ok though, lots of love to you Kathryn xXx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you've not been feeling to well and that you have missed the Lapland trip.I think you made the right decision though and next year when you are better you will be able to really enjoy it.Good to see all those smiling faces at the school disco. Everyone looks as if they are really having a great time.The party at ward 27 must have been quite different if everyone was feeling so unsociable.At least you saw all your friends.
Not long till Christmas now and hopefully you will be on good form and able to have a lovely time. Hope you and Emily get the presents you are hoping for.Whats top of your list I wonder?
I think your hair looks lovely.Looks a bit curly?
Lots of love and thinking of you always.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to put my name at the end of my comment.You probably guessed it was me anyway
Love Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima, I'm so glad you had a good time at the disco - and just how many boys did you dance with???????? I think you're off steroids now so hope you're not feeling so yuk and that your cold is on its way out. See you soon, Jemma Eff xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hello there. Thanks for the special hello. I know Rick was so pleased to everyone at the Christmas party. Your hair is looking lovely Jemima! Hope you all have a peaceful and Merry Christmas. Love to you all Jacquie, Rick and Michael xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Mima

Hope you enjoyed Joseph today with Gillie, Ems, Tom and Molly! We are looking forward to the Jemima Invites carol service at Oakham tomorrow, and I promise that I won't sing as Molly says I am really terrible. I will just mouth the words and pretend. (well....sometimes I just can't help myself...at least it is not Mamma Mia, otherwise I would not be able to help myself!!) Hope you are starting to feel better, wow I have to say I loved your poem, though it did make me really sad to read it as well. Anyway you are fab and brave and strong and lovely, love A.Tanxxx

Anonymous said...

HAPPY CHRISTMAS MIMA,
I HOPE SANTA BRINGS YOU LOTS OF LOVELY PRESENTS...THE MAIN ONE BEING GOOD HEALTH FOR 2009!
TAKE CARE,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
xxx

Katty said...

Hello Mima, Hope your ok? Just thought I'd write to wish you a very very Happy Christmas and that Santa brings you and Emily lots and lots of wonderful presents. Scooby has eaten too much already and is lying flat out on the carpet as I write lol. Have a fantastic time. Lots of love Kathryn xXx