Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Tuesday 7th October 2008

Here is Digby helping me get ready for school this morning!
I am so so happy - I got player of the week for the netball match last week and I won this trophy to keep for the week. How coooooooool is that?!?!?! I am playing in another match this week.

I am working really hard at school and enjoying being in Year 5. We are learning about nicotine and alcohol in science so I took my CD player in to school to play a song - do you know it? it is by Rolf Harris and he sings all about these people Nick Oteen and Al K Hol!

Two of my friends from hospital are very poorly at the moment. Alex is 4 and he is at my school. He had a brain tumour which has come back so he has gone to USA to have it cut out again and have some treatment. Alex is such fun so I hope he will be better soon. My other friend Ruby is really poorly too. She has neuroblastoma and she is not getting any better so she is not having any more treatment. She is a very good friend to me and has helped me alot with my medicines. It makes me very sad when my friends are ill. Another friend Bethany is getting much better though. She had ALL and had lots of treatment but then she relapsed so she has had lots more treatment but she is finishing really really soon.

Bad News now: I am having some vin and christine tomorrow at hospital and you know what that means don't you????? Steroids!!!!! Yuk, Yuk, Yuk. I am not very pleased because we are going to a party at the weekend and I will not feel very happy and Mummy is taking us to the horse of the year show on sunday so I hope I feel ok for that.

Emily wants me to say she is very excited because it is her birthday in 15 days and she is going to be 11!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLA,
Congratulations Mima, for winning the trophy, well done!
What beautiful hair you have. (Just what I´ve always wanted)

LOLGX.

Carolyn Wing said...

@yahoo.comCongratulations on your trophy!!!! Does Ruby have a web site? Hugs and prayers. Carolyn Wing grandma to Laura Stage IV neuroblastoma carepages.com page name LauraVDB carolyn_wing@yahoo.com
thegrannyblog@blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am glad you have got Horse of the Year Show to look forward to. That sounds very exciting. I have always wanted to go there. (Must ask for it for a birthday present next year!)

Anyway - yes we know your song. Isn't Rolf Harris a bit mad!? The boys really love the chicken song. In fact, our CD has cracked and we need to get a new one.

I hope you are okay tomorrow. Love J,V,W, E and M xx

PS Did you see me this morning on my pink bike, on the Billesdon Road. (You overtook me!) I might have looked a bit odd, because I couldn't find my cycle helmet. I had to borrow Millie's and it was rather tight, so I had to squash it on the top of my head! Must look for mine!

Katty said...

Hi Mima! Well done for getting player of the week! You must be really proud. I hope this weeks match goes well. Digby is gorgeous! Nice and shiny black - even more glossy than Morgan! I'm sure Digby will help you get through the next few days of horrible steroids. Whenever I have a really horrible day my cats help me get through it. As I am writing this I wonder what you are doing? Are you at the hospital now having vin and christine? I'm sending happy thoughts your way and hoping it is not too bad and you have your friends around you. Horse of the Year Show - I haven't got a clue what it is but I know you love horses so it has to be good - enjoy it whatever it is because I know you love horses and perhaps it will give you something to look forward to when your on your yukky steroids?? Well I better go I have got sooooooooo much work to do for university - and I've only been back 2 days! Lots of love Kathryn xXx P.S. That Prize Pet thing Morgan and Scooby were on page 19. In the last week Morgan came in late at night (when we were all asleep) and weed on our kitchen cupboard yuk yuk yuk. It was my fault because I forgot to put a litter tray out for him so he must have been desperate poor boy. He doesn't like it because I keep telling everyone about it and it gets him embarrassed...

Anonymous said...

Digby looks so handsom.Your hair looks beautiful.Well done on winning the player of the week trophy. I hope your next match goes well.I do know the Rolf Harris song.I remember it well.I never was much of a fan of his though.Very appropriate for you lesson isn't it.
I hope the steroids are going OK and you don't feel to horrible.
So sorry to here about your friends. I hope Alex does well in the USA and is fixed up when he comes home and that Bethany gets completely well at the end of her treatment.
So Emily is 11 soon. I wonder is she doing something special to celebrate.
Enjoy the horse of the year show. Sounds like a wonderful day out.
Take care lots of love
Sue

Michelle said...

Hi Mima
This is my first visit to your blog and I am very impressed. My daughter Mia (3 years old) was diagnosed with ALL 28 days ago and we were back at hospital today for her day 28 bone marrow and methotrexate, while I was sitting nervously in the waiting room I picked up a copy ofContact and there you were on the front cover... it was great to read about you and I couldn't wait to get home and find you!!!!
So the steroids suck!!! That's pretty much what Mia has been trying to tell me for the last month she is supper grumpy, starving hungry all the time and she also has had watery eyes, we are so excited theat the dose is being weaned at least for a while until the next vin and christine ( I like how you write that). Chin up and have a good weekend XXX I will check in again soon and let you know Mia's web address when I get organised so that you can see what she is like... XX

Anonymous said...

HELLO MIMA,
HOW ARE YOU? SORRY I HAVN'T WROTE FOR A WHILE BUT I HAVE BEEN STAYING WITH DAN AT THE LRI ALL WEEK AS HE HAD APPENDICITIS SO HE HAD TO HAVE HIS APPENDIX OUT ON TUESDAY!
I WONDERED IF YOU WERE THERE AT THE SAME TIME AS US, AND ON RETURNING HOME AND READING YOUR BLOG I READ YOU THAT WERE GOING IN ON WEDNESDAY,AND WE WERE STILL THERE THEN SO I WISHED I'D HAVE POPPED IN TO SEE YOU,ALTHOUGH I BET YOU DIDN'T FEEL MUCH LIKE SEEING VISITORS!!
WELL DONE ON WINNING 'PLAYER OF THE WEEK' YOU SHOULD BE REALLY PROUD OF YOURSELF!
I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE PARTY AND ALSO THE HORSE OF THE YEAR SHOW TODAY?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EMILY FOR THE 22nd (IF I'VE GOT THE DATE RIGHT??)
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
xxx