Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Sunday 26th October 2008

Happy Half Term!
We are having a very good half term and have done loads of fab things already and we have another week to go! We went to school for two mornings for sports and fun and that was really fun but I was got tired very quickly and my bones hurt too. On Monday I went to hospital to have a check by the doctor and on Tuesday I had an appointment with the neurologist. He was a very nice man but soooooooo late! My appointment was at 2.30pm and he didn't turn up until 4.45pm!!!!! He did lots of funny tests on me like follow his finger with my eyes and touching my face with my eyes closed and I had to tell him which side he was touching (got that a bit wrong though!) he also made me stand up and shut my eyes but I wobbled so much I had to open them again, you should try it, it is really hard. He decided that I had had a little seizure and the best thing to do was to have another MRI and a sleep deprived EEG. That means I have to go to bed very late and get up very early so I am deprived of sleep and then have the EEG and hopefully fall asleep. He said you get better results that way. He also wants me to have my eyes tested by the hospital optician so we are waiting now for all these appointments to come through.
Otherwise, my blood test was fine on Tuesday and my kidney function has got better so back up to 100% chemo this week. My ankles hurt at the moment so I am taking codeine for that. Next week we are having a quiet week but on Friday my godmother Wendy is taking me out with her son Stan - yippee!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA, IT'S LOVELY TO HEAR FROM YOU!
SORRY I HAVN'T WROTE FOR A WHILE, WE'VE BEEN TO BUTLINS, BUT WERE HOME NOW AND THE BOYS ARE BACK AT SCHOOL TOMORROW!
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOU HAVING ANOTHER SEIZURE, I'VE NEVER HEARD OF A SLEEP DEPRIVED EEG BEFORE, AND AS FOR YOUR NEUROLOGIST TURNING UP 2 1/4 HOURS LATE....WELL!!!!
I'M SURE IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT THOUGH AS HOPEFULLY HE WILL BE ABLE TO SORT YOU OUT SO THAT IT DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN.
WE HAD LOTS OF FUN AT BUTLINS, AND NIALL'S TEAM WON THE FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT....AGAIN! THEY WON IT LAST YEAR TOO!
HOPE YOUR ANKLES FEEL BETTER SOON, AND YOU HAVE FUN ON FRIDAY WITH YOUR GODMOTHER WENDY, AND HER SON STAN.
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LOVE,
MAX
xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Mima
I hope you, Mummy and Emily have a nice week all your friends in Hoby are back to school today. Tilly so enjoyed her riding with you and came home absolutely shattered! Thank you to you and Emily for taking her.

We are all still dreaming of chocolate fondues and Zac Efron here ... can't wait until the next birthday party!

Lots of love Auntie Nic Nocs
PS We loved the eggs from your chickens - thank you.

Anonymous said...

So pleased to hear that you are having a fun time over the half term holiday.
I have been wondering how the appointment with the neurologist went.
Being kept waiting for more than two hours is a bit much. I just hope that he can find out what caused the funny spell and make sure he fixes it.
Good to know that your blood test was fine and that your kidneys are working properly.Hope the chemo goes ok.
I hope you ankles and bones are feeling better.
Lots of love
Sue

Katty said...

Hello Mima. I'm glad you are having a very good half term - you've done so much and you still have another week left, lucky you! I've tried to do that standing up thing and it does make you wobble a lot. You must have been really bored though waiting all that time for the doctor to come - you could have gone to sleep then! I hope your achy ankles go away or at least so they don't ache as much and I hope the chemo goes ok this week. Thinking of you and I'm sorry it has taken me so long to post a message - I look at your blog nearly every day but didn't have time to write anything, I'm as nearly busy as you are I think! Lots of love, Kathryn xXx

P.S. I hope your week won't be as bad as Scooby's... Yesterday he got locked in the garage for 45 minutes, then he was scared by all the fireworks last night, bless him. Tomorrow he has got a date with the vet to vaccinate him and give him his MOT so we are all looking forward to that - not.

Anonymous said...

Hey princess just wanted to pass by and say hi and to leave you lots of blessings and a great big hug for being such a brave little girl God bless you and your family always