Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

MONDAY 20th OCTOBER 2008

We are worried about what happened to me last week and think it may have been a mini seizure so my consultant asked me to pop in to the hospital today for a thorough check up. We did that and have to go back again tomorrow to see the neurologist and wait for an MRI scan. When I had the big seizure last year the MRI scan showed a small lesion on my brain and the EEG showed some abnormal activity so we need to see if anything has changed since then.
I am really really fed up about it though because it is Emily's birthday on Wednesday and I don't want to mess up the plans for that. We are having a friend each for a sleep over tomorrow and then we are going with Hattie, Max, Tilly, Arabella, Guy, Auntie Nic Nocs and Philly Philpot to see High School Musical 3!!!!!!!!!! We are so excited (well, the girls are! Guy is not so keen but Max wants to go!!!) Then Auntie Nic Nocs has invited us back for a swim at her house. It is going to be such a good birthday and I AM NOT GOING TO HOSPITAL!
I just wanted to say hi to Mia, I hope the MRD was good news and that you are ok. x

4 comments:

Katty said...

Hello Mima,
Its fantastic that your going to see High School Musical 3 and you must tell us how it was because Tia (my cousin) is taking me perhaps this weekend so you can tell me if its worth watching??
Your hospital appointments are probably such a pain to you but its for the greater good and having all those MRIs and EEGs are just to make sure your ok. You have something to look forward to going to see HSM3 so just think of that and your sleepover (though how much sleep will you actually get???). I hope Emily has a wonderful birthday and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get to do the things that you have planned and you have a fabulous time. All my love Kathryn xxx
P.S. It's so funny because all Morgan and Scooby think about is their stomachs and so when its teatime and my mum shouts Scooby drops everything he's doing and runs down the stairs. Morgan is already there and he jumps on the table and tries and gets his nose in what we're eating so we put him down and sits next to my dad and every so often puts his front paws on his to see whats going on on the table and everytime he does that my dad feeds him so he does it even more. In the end they both get thrown out the kitchen with a some chicken each and when you've finished and you open the door they are still sitting there. x

Anonymous said...

Hiya!
I hope you have a lovely time watching HSM3 and at your sleepover. Happy Birthday to Emily!
Love Beth x

Michelle said...

Bless You Mima... Thank you so much for saying hi to Mia XXXXX
MRD did not go so great she is high and randomly selected to stay on Regime A..... Nice that she's not going to get blasted with more chemo but feels a bit like watch and wait.
I hope this MRI scan goes OK. It doesn't sound like you should have to stay in as long as no more funny episodes, so your sisters birthday weekend should be safe... I've got my fingers crossed for you XXXXX Also I have got Mia's website up and running so come on over for a visit www.everybodylovesmia.co.uk we will put a link to your site because you have given me lots of inspiration..XXX Michelle and MiaXX

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you very hard,hoping that the visit to the neurologist and MRI went ok.Today is going to be a great day.Emilys birthday and HSM3.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY

Hope you all have a fantastic time.
Love Sue