Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Wednesday 17th September

This is me and my friends at the sponsored swimathon - I think we raised loads of money.
I feel much much better!

I have been to school this morning and really enjoyed it. I had spaghetti bolognaise for lunch which was yummy and we did science (my favourite), maths and english. I think Wednesdays are my favourite days.

All my year have gone to play netball matches this afternoon so I am going to watch Emily play in a hockey match at Oakham. She is really excited because she is in the A team.

I think tomorrow will be a good day too!!! Yippeee!!!

5 comments:

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima, I am so pleased you are feeling better and welldone with your swimming, what a fantastic effort.
You look so lovely with your hair growing back.
Well done Emily getting into the A team already, she must be very happy at Oakham.
I hope that you continue to feel better Mima, especially now it feels like summer has dort of returned, apart from the chilly mornings!!
Lots of love Venetia, Paul, Thomas and Hannah. XXX

Anonymous said...

I hadn't looked at your blog for a while and have missed quite a lot.I am glad that you're feeling better now. I looked at the Leicester Mercury website and read about your swimathon.Well done.
It sounds as though you are really enjoying school.I can imagine it must be awful doing homework when you feel ill.I hated homework.I don't think I listened properly in the lessons so homework was always hard.
Thinking of you always lots of love Sue

Anonymous said...

Good on the swimathon people, well done on raising money and well done you for feeling better and looking so lively!
Jan x

Anonymous said...

Hiya!!! That swimming looked great!! I have just booked us all in for sailing on Sunday, glad Emily can come! Cya then

xox Polly!

Katty said...

Hi Mima! It looked like you really enjoyed that swimathon thing - you must all be very fit to do that!! I'm looking forward to finding out how much you have raised and I was really impressed when I saw you in the paper. I’m glad you feel a lot better than you did earlier this week – those horrible steroids troubling you again. They must be a right pain - how many more rounds of them do you have to have?

I am sorry about the Prize Pet thing in the Leicester Mercury - it is this Tuesday (silly me). Our hols were nice and the sun shone for us, are you enjoying the nice weather? It would have been a bit better if it had been this nice in the summer holidays wouldn't it? I suppose better late than never though.

Hope your keeping ok and your family is ok.

Lots of love

Kathryn xXx

P.S. Morgan was a little rascal when we were getting in the carrier. He gets all his claws out to grab on to anything he can - a jumper, the cushions or bare skin - ouch! He has made up for the week he missed because since getting back yesterday he has managed to kill 3 mice and this afternoon a robin. What am I going to do with him??

P.P.S. I was wondering how is your friend is - the one who had the bone marrow transplant? Just something that popped into my mind the other day and I thought I would ask you. x