Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Wednesday 4th June 2008

Happy Birthday Auntie Tan!
I am shattered! I have had a busy few days and been to school. On Sunday Daddy took me to hospital for a blood test because everything was dropping and I ended up staying most of the day and my platelets were only 14 so I had a new bag. I have a cold and a sore throat so Dr Heaney only just let me go home! I was very worried because I had my school trip on Monday and I really wanted to go. We had a great day out at Beaumanor Hall and we all dressed up as evacuees. Granny made me a dress and I made a gas mask box and an identity card.
I had to have another blood test yesterday to check that my platelets were coming up but my hb had gone down again so I have had to have another blood transfusion today. It took ages and I don't feel very well again now. My neutrophils are 0.1 and my platelets are dropping again too. I will have another blood test on Friday morning and see what to do then.
I am going to bed. Night night.

7 comments:

Daisy & Archie said...

Hi Mims
I'm so sorry to hear you are not feeling your best. You did so well to go on your school trip. That sounded fun, dressing up as evacuees. Did you take any photos - I would have loved to see you in your dress & gasmask! Our plans are going really well for our 'Bingo & Boogie' night on Saturday. Thinking about you lots & lots. Big hug & kisses Auntie Jax
xx

Katty said...

Hello Mima! Sorry your not feeling very lively today (or yesterday) and I'll keep my fingers crossed your blood test is better on Friday because now its sunny you will want to have lots of energy to play. Going to Beaumanor Hall sounded like really good fun - especially dressing up as evacuees.
Lots of love to you, Kathryn xXx
P.S. That crafty thing at Holbrook Hall was really good and I bought quite a few nice bits and bobs...

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA,
HOPE YOU'RE FEELING A LITTLE BIT BETTER TODAY? I'M GLAD YOU MANAGED YOUR SCHOOL TRIP ON MONDAY. MY ALFIE WENT TO BEAUMANOR HALL FOR HIS SCHOOL TRIP IN MAY, HE LOVED IT BUT HE DID'NT GET TO DRESS UP!
HE'L BE 5 THIS WEDNESDAY AND HE'S SO EXCITED......HE'S COUNTING DOWN THE SLEEPS! THEN DANIEL WILL BE 13 THE WEEK AFTER THAT, AND NIALL WILL BE 8 THE FOLLOWING WEEK SO A VERY EXPENSIVE TIME FOR US!!!
ANYWAY, I HOPE YOUR BLOOD TEST GOES WELL IN THE MORNING AND YOU DON'T NEED ANOTHER TRANSFUSION.
HAVE A LOVELY WEEKEND,
KEEP SMILING MIMA,
TAKE CARE,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima
Hoping your week is getting better and you have some fun things to do at the weekend. Hows the golf going? If you are anything like your dad then watch out everyone! Another cool sport is of course cricket which your Surrey cousins play and there are are girls in the teams. Henrys Under 9 team beat Farnham this week so that was awesome. Thinking about you, lol. Wilsons in Frensham xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
It's louis's mum Aylee. Thank you so much for coming to see Louis in Birmingham he really loved it and it made him really happy. He has just had his transplant so he should be having a speedy recovery soon. I will keep in touch to let you know when you can next come and see him. Hope your well and still smiling.
All our love Aylee and Louis xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
This is one of Izzy's sister's friends. I hope you get better soon!!!!!
love, hanna

Anonymous said...

Hi 'trouble'
have just been reading your blog site and felt I must write and say GOODMORNING. Looking forward tro you starting individual drama lessons next term. Hope you and Emily have a super weekend.....your favourite drama teacher!!!