Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Friday 6th June 2008

I am beginning to feel better again. When I woke up on Thursday morning I felt better so I put on my uniform and went to school because my exams started on Thursday. I think they went ok and then I have been to school today too for more exams. I had a blood test at school again and Yippeee!!! my hb has started to go up again and so have my platelets but my neutrophils are even lower now 0.08 so if anyone is ill at all please don't come near me!!!
I am very excited because I am going to the riding stables in the morning to help out with leading in some of the lessons. I really miss the ponies so I can't wait. All my clothes are ready for the morning and I don't think I will sleep much! Then on Sunday I am doing some dog agility and dog obedience at the Fernie Hunt Fair at Great Bowden with Digby Dog. I hope he behaves. He was really naughty when we went training.
My friend Louis has left me a message and he has had his bone marrow transplant. I am very pleased it was ok and hope to see him soon. Good luck Lou and keep getting better.
Night Night.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimes, see you at the Fernie Fun day, Fifi will try and get away from ballet in time to see you and Digby perform at 2.30pm. Love Fifi and The Furbers (we sound like a pop group!!)Ha Ha XXxxx

Anonymous said...

hi Mima,
you dont know me but I wanted to say "HI!" I found your site through the note you left for a friend of mine on caringbridge...Izzy tyrell. You are such a strong, brave and beautiful little girl. Keep smiling sweetie, you will beat this. You new friend from America...Rachel
rachel1217@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA,
I'M SOOOOOO GLAD YOU'RE BEGINNING TO FEEL ABIT BETTER AGAIN, AND HOPEFULLY YOU WILL CONTINUE TO FEEL BETTER WITH EACH DAY THAT PASSES!
I HOPE YOU HAD FUN HELPING OUT AT THE STABLES THIS MORNING, AND YOU WASN'T TOO TIRED THROUGH LACK OF SLEEP AND EXCITEMENT!?!?
HAVE A GREAT DAY TOMORROW AT THE FERNIE HUNT FAIR, I'M SURE DIGBY WILL BEHAVE FOR YOU (WELL I HOPE SO!)
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX.
xxx

Katty said...

Hello Mima! I am very glad you feeling better - you keep bouncing back again. I hope your exams were ok. They are sooo boring aren't they?
I bet the ponies miss you and were glad to see you this morning just as much as you were glad to see them. If Digby is as bad as Morgan and Scooby chances are he won't behave - Morgan comes in at 12am and miaows so loud for us to get up and let him upstairs - then he wakes me up again at 6.30 am (too early for a Saturday morning, I like my lie-ins!!)- though with all that dog agility surely he behaves more than he used too? You will have to tell us how you get on. Best wishes to you then Mima to you and enjoy the fair. I'm thinking of your friend Louis too. Love lots Kathryn xXx

Anonymous said...

hadn't read your blog for a while and am sorry to hear that you haven't been to well.Of course that hasn't stopped you doing lots of things.Hope the fun day was,well, fun!and that Digby did the right thing. Nice to know you were able to go and see the ponies. They had probably missed you just as you had missed them.Pleased to hear that you friend Louis is OK.
Hope by now that you are feeling lots better.
Lots of love as always
Sue

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,

I am sorry at I haven't written for so long.
I know that tomorrow is your year anniversary as it is Thomas' today.
I hope that you are feeling ok at the moment and are managing to get to school and to you training eith Digby dog.
We have been enjoing the lovely sunshine in Norfolk this week with my Mum, we went to Burnham market yesterday, I went straight into the bakery as I love their cakes...yummy.
Hope to see you soon Mima, not long until the summer holidays now, are you off to Devon???
Thinking of you lots and sending lots of love to Mummy, Emily and Daddy.

Big X Venetia and the gang.

Anonymous said...

THINKING OF YOU TODAY MIMA,
LOTS OF LOVE,
MAX
xxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Mima
I read your blog every day, and you fill my heart with joy. You are the bravest little girl, and your strength and determination is overwhelming. I am thinking of you today, and everyday. Keep getting better, keep blogging, and stay as an inspiration to everyone. You are a very precious little girl, and loved by so many. The world is a better place because of you.
I also want to say to everyone who writes, that your love and kindness sent to Mima is so lovely to read.
With love to you Mima,
Brenda