Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Tuesday 29th April 2008

Mima is still not very well. Her bones are giving her alot of pain at the moment especially in her back. She has gone to bed with a dose of morphine and a hot water bottle in the hope she may sleep. She is eating like a horse as a result of the steroids and her little tummy is really beginning to swell. Sadly her hair is falling out again so I have shaved the majority - hopefully, this will be the last time it will fall out so we will see some real growth over the summer.

She did want me to tell you about her new hobby - dog agility! Digby and Mima attended their first class last night and both thoroughly enjoyed it. There is one lesson each week and another little girl started last night with her dog too so Mima has a friend to chat to.

The bike ride is really hotting up for this weekend. We have about 40 cyclists riding from Leicester, Northampton, Lincoln and Rutland to Brancaster Staithe in Norfolk - a distance of about 100 miles (depending on where the start point is!) Sponsorship is going phenominally well but if you would like to support the riders take a look at www.justgiving.com/ridetonorfolk We are all wishing for a fine day with a westerly wind, so if anyone has any influence in that department would you mind putting in a good word please!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO,
PLEASE TELL MIMA TO GET WELL SOON, I'M UPSET NOW THAT I KNOW SHES NOT FEELING TOO GOOD BUT I'M SURE SHE'L BOUNCE BACK SOON IN "TRUE MIMA STYLE"
I WOULD NEVER HAVE THOUGHT OF YOUR NEW HOBBY MIMA, EVEN IF I'D HAVE HAD 10 YEARS TO THINK ABOUT IT!!!
I'M SURE YOU'LL ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF IT.
PLEASE WRITE WHEN YOUR FEELING ABIT BETTER.
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
xxx

Katty said...

Hi Mima! I'm so sad that your still poorly because it can't be very nice for you and I wish very very much that you feel better soon so you can get back to your dog agility which I think is a fantastic idea. You'll have to tell us all about it when your feeling better. Thinking of you and lots and lots of love Kathryn xXx

Anonymous said...

oh dear I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling very well.Hopefully by the time you read this you will be feeling a little better.I think your new hobby is a great idea.Fun for you and Digby.I really am looking forward to hearing all about it and what you both learn.Lots of luck with the bike ride and I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather.The weather here today is perfect for cycling,dry and sunny,blue sky and a little breeze so that it isn't to hot.We really do have lovely winters in this part of South Africa.
Lots of love
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimes, so sorry to hear you arent feeling well, I think you were putting on a brave face when we chatted on Monday at school. Keep bein brave. I hope you feel better soon. We are going to Norfolk at the weekend will you be there??? We plan to be at the Jolly's in the afternoon I expect there will be lots of Leicester folk around!!! Lots of Love- The Furbers XXxxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Mima, I've just found your blog, and been reading all your posts, and thinking what a great person you sound. I'm sure Digby loves the dog agility. And I am sure you do too!

Let me tell you about my cousin and her dog when we were young.
We used to set up an obstacle course for him, with jumps, tunnels, slopes and things he had to pick up and put in a bowl etc. Then my cousin Kay would yell "Come on Buster, it's the Dog of the Year Show!" (Like the Horse of the Year show jumping thing on the TV they had then).

Well, Buster would rush out, and go mad jumping the jumps, doing all the other things and running round until he finished. Then we'd give him a treat and a paper rosette we made, and he'd strut around looking very proud of himself. He'd do it over and over if you let him! I bet Digby is the same.
Sending you lots of good wishes.
Jan xx

Unknown said...

Dear Mima
Sorry to hear that you're feeling so down at the moment. As you know I went to see Tim and his family in America and they were so keen to hear about you and all your family and all send you lots of love.
We hope you feel well at the weekend and really look forward to seeing you at the Jolly Sailors tomorrow afternoon. Really really hope the sun shines.
Lots of Love Auntie Nic Nocs (Uncle Edward, Hattie, Max & Tilly)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima -
I have not written to you before but have been reading your blogs for a long time and thought it was about time I sent you a message to say how fantastic I think you are. I met you once or twice when you were a baby because I used to work for your Daddy at his office in Leicester but then I moved back to Yorkshire to have my little girl Maisie who is eight on Sunday ( I also have another little girl called Molly and she is three - she is lovely but she annoys her older sister quite alot!!). I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better and are starting on maintenance and I will keep reading your blogs. Send lots of love to your Mummy, Daddy and Emily and of course lots and lots of love to you and I hope you continue to feel better and better every day.
Lucy xxx