Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

FRIDDAY 25th APRIL 2008

Happy birthday Auntie Nic Nocs
I am feeling yucky. My plaster is off and I am at home today and I was yesterday but I am on steriroids again now for a week so I am not very happy about that. I can't sleep and I am angry alot. They make my bones hurt and so does the vincristine.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA...I THINK YOU TRIED TO CATCH ME OUT BY WRITING ON YOUR BLOG IN THE DAYTIME?
SORRY YOU'RE FEELING SO YUCKY, IT CAN'T BE EASY HAVING ALL THIS TREATMENT AND FEELING SO POORLY ALL THE TIME BUT WHEN YOUR'E ALL BETTER,I'M SURE YOU'LL LOOK BACK AND WONDER HOW YOU GOT THROUGH IT ALL.
GLAD TO HEAR THE PLASTERS OFF, AND I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.
KEEP SMILING MIMA,
TAKE CARE,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima, You must be so pleased to have your plaster off now, I bet your arm was getting really itchy. Sorry to hear your back on the steroids and they are making you feel angry - you'll be back smiling and giggling very soon with all your friends and I am sure will forget about the nasty bits. Lots of squeezy boy hugs from Hamish and from the rest of us. lots of love davxxxxxxxxxxxx

Daisy & Archie said...

Hi Mima
I'm sorry you are feeling so cross. It's not nice and I hope you feel better soon. I have just tried some ice-cream out with Uncle Ben for our bingo night - it was very nice.
We have been to see the people whose house we stayed in in Sydney this evening. There were 3 Daisy's and a Flora in the pub!
Good to hear your plaster is off - that must feel better.
lots of love Auntie Jax xxx

Katty said...

Hiya Mima! You must be so relieved that your plaster is off but because you don't feel happy now I guess it doesn't feel that good. I'm sure that your family and friends understand why you feel grumpy and they know that its not you really its just all the medicine your taking. Keep at it Mima and remember that everyone loves you and is rooting for. Lots of love to you chicken, Kathryn xXx

Uncle Simon said...

Hi Mima. Get through this week and then you will feel better and be glad the plaster is off. I wonder if the hens are producing alot of eggs yet, and whether the protein has been helping you because you didn't seem to have the plaster on that long really. Cluck! Cluck! Or were they actually saying Good Luck! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh poor you Mima, I'm sorry the horrid steroids make you feel so poorly - it's odd to think they are actually doing good when they make you feel yuk..... I hope you're back at school today and getting your mind off your sore bones. Sending lots of love from all of us, Jemma Ef xxx