Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

TUESDAY 1ST APRIL 2008

SCOTLAND WAS SUCH FUN UNTIL ...........................................
I fractured my elbow and my shoulder!!!!! I bet you can't guess how I did that can you?!?!?
Well, I was riding a very fast and jumpy pony called Peter Pan and he decided he could fly with me on his back but after he flew twice round the arena I decided I just could not hold on any longer and bang crash wallop I came off and that was that!!!
We went to a very nice hospital in Perth and met some lovely doctors and nurses and now I have my arm in plaster from my shoulder to my finger tips and it is in a sling too.
Otherwise, Scotland was great fun. We found a very pretty place to stay on the edge of Loch Ard and went for a bike ride and a few walks (in the rain!) Digby loved Scotland too especially all the walking and swimming in Lochs. Mum and Dad played golf and Emily and I drove the buggy which was really good fun. I have to go to see a consultant paediatric orthopedic thingy man tomorrow and then we will see what he has to say about my arm.

14 comments:

Uncle Simon said...

Mima, plaster from your shoulder to your fingers is alot of space for friends to write and draw on! Please post pictures as it starts to look colourful!
Now then, can we think of a slightly less risky hobby for you? How about painting? You should have a steady hand for a couple of weeks!!! LOL Uncle Simon xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima
You must love hospitals to spend even more time in one on holiday! I hope it won't stop you from enjoying the rest of the school holidays and Twin Lakes which we are all really looking forward to. I was thinking of booking a riding lesson for the whole family - I'm not too sure now!
lots of love, Helenxx

venetia murray said...

Oh Mima,
I can't bear it. You poor girl. Hopefully you can get lots of your friends to draw some pictures on it. I was hoping that I was going to read April fool at the bottom, but sadly not.
You look so happy in your picture, hopefully it didn't make your holiday to awful. More hospitals!!
Thinking of you. Lots of love Venetia XX

Anonymous said...

NOW THEN....MIMA...ARE YOU JOKING? IS THIS AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE???? SOME HOW I DON'T THINK IT IS. MY JOSH IS JEALOUS BECAUSE YOU'VE GOT A PLASTER, AND WHEN HE BROKE HIS HUMOROUS BONE ON FEB 14th, THE HOSPITAL COULDN'T PLASTER IT! YOU NEED TO TAKE YOUR TIME NOW, AND LOOKING ON THE BRIGHT SIDE...........YOU STILL HAVE 1 GOOD HAND TO EAT ALL THOSE GORGEOUS CHUCKIE EGGS WITH!
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
xxx

Anonymous said...

life isn't boring with you around is it?!!.Must be a bit awkward with so much plaster.How do you sleep?Do you lie on your back with your arm in the air?
Are you thinking of becoming a doctor or nurse when you are older?You're certainly getting lots of hospital experience.
I don't suppose this incident is going to put you off riding. As soon as you can you'll be back I know.
Lots of love
Sue

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say please tell Mummy HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me

Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima
Poor you, we really hope your arm mends quickly. All these dangerous sports! Looks like you are about to go White Water Rafting in the photo too. Thinking of you and love to M,D and E.
Will, Mel, F and H XX

Katty said...

What you like Mima?! Least you can get all your friends to write on your plaster - did you get a coloured one? My little cousin got a pink one when she broke hers. Hope it doesn't hurt too much and it fixes itself soon xXx

Daisy & Archie said...

Hi Mima
Just wanted to say how sorry I was to hear about your arm & shoulder. That's a bit of a pain. We are off to Australia really early on Friday morning so we won't be writing on your blog for a while. Stay well and keep smiling. Try not to break your other arm!! lots of love Auntie Jax
xxPS: I'll send you a postcard.xx

Anonymous said...

I think that the consultant paediatric orthopedic thingy man might just say that you are 'in the wars' I think that he might just be right!!

I hope you are not in too much pain with your bad shoulder and arm and that you will be able to swing like a monkey around Twinlakes with the good arm!! See you there. Love the Greenlees!

Anonymous said...

Jemima, I can't believe you're in plaster, I broke my ankle once and it was sooo painful! How long have you got to have in in plaster? Which arm was it? Will you be able to write when you get back to school? I was going to ask you design a poster for the fun day at the school, give me a ring if you can do it, love Ros, Alex and Felicity

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Hope it isn't holding you back too much, Jemima, something tells me it probably isn't?! I spoke to a lady today who is cutting off her lovely long hair, and she asked me if I knew anyone who could use the hair? So, she is sending it to Little Princess! so that they can make a beautiful wig for someone who needs it. Hope you're drawing lots of pictures on your plaster like Uncle Simon suggested!
love from the South Croxton Smithysxx

Unknown said...

Hi Gorgeous
We couldn't believe that you'd broken your arm in Scotland - that's such bad luck especially when you were having such a good time.
Mummy said you'd found the Scottish version of Al Fresco in Scotland ... max wants to know if the hot chocolate was as good? and Tilly wants to know what the High School Musical show was like???
Love Auntie Nic Nocs
x

Katty said...

So you went to see High School Musical did you Mima? When did you go and what did you think because I took my little cousin Tia (8) to see it last Wednesday and she thought it was FaNtAsTiC! Bet you know all the songs eh?! Hope you enjoyed it! xXx