Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

27th March 2008

Look what Granpa bought for me!!! She is called Meggie.

Just A few thank you's

I had a fantabulous birthday and had lots of wonderful presents.

I would just like to say thank you to every body who very kindly bought me a present. I would like to say a special thank you to Max ,a lady who I don't even know but she always leaves me a message on my blog. Thank you very much Max for coming to Ward 27 and leaving such a lovely surprise for me when I went in today. Another big thank you to someone who always looks after me and manages to make me smile even when I am really grumpy. I love my book about sisters - you know who you are! Thank you. xx

We have had a busy day today which started off with a great morning dancing with Laura, Ella and Nisha. It was such fun and I would like to thank Lucy for organising it. I had a bag of platelets this afternoon and we are off to Scotland in the morning for three nights because I do not have to have any treatment for two weeks now - yippeeeeee!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA, IT'S LOVELY TO HEAR FROM YOU (AND MEGGIE) AND I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKED THE LITTLE PRESSIE I BOUGHT YOU! SORRY THE CARD DIDN'T HAVE YOUR AGE ON IT.....THAT WAS BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW HOW OLD YOU WERE UNTIL I READ A POST ON YOUR BLOG AFTER I'D DELIVERED IT ON TUESDAY,AND ALTHOUGH I THOUGHT YOU WERE 9,I WASN'T 100% SURE. I SHOULD HAVE TOOK IT IN LAST WEEK REALLY AS YOU DIDN'T GET IN TIME FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY BUT NEVER MIND, I SUPPOSE YOUR TOO EXCITED ABOUT YOUR LITTLE TRIP TO SCOTLAND AND THE FACT THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE ANY TREATMENT FOR 2 WEEKS TO WORRY ABOUT A LATE BIRTHDAY CARD!!!
I ALSO TOOK SOME BOOKS, VIDEOS AND PS2 GAMES ONTO WARD 27 WHICH MY BOYS WANTED TO DONATE BUT I DON'T THINK THEY'L BE OF ANY INTEREST TO YOU......THEY WERE ALL TO DO WITH FOOTBALL, CRICKET & STAR WARS (BORING) BUT I DIDN'T HAVE ANY GIRLIE THINGS TO GIVE WITH HAVING 4 BOYS!!!
ANYWAY, HAVE YOU HAD ANY LOVELY EGGS FROM MEGGIE YET? I HOPE SO, I COULD JUST EAT A NICE BOILED EGG NOW BUT I'VE GOT JACKET POTATOES IN THE OVEN SO I'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW FOR THE EGG!
HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME IN SCOTLAND, I'M SURE YOU WILL.
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
xxx

~xN&Gx~ said...

Hi Mima, it was lovely to see you today, and looking so well too, despite needing some of the yellow stuff! I hope you have a fab trip to Scotland oh and enjoy your 2 weeks off chemo - what a treat! Take care sweetie. Love Nik & George xxx

Daisy & Archie said...

Hi Mima
I love the name of your hen. It's the same name as Daisy & Archie's grannie's dog!! You look so well - hope you all have a lovely time in Scotland. Glad you had a fab birthday. lots of love Auntie Jax, Uncle Ben, Daisy & Archie xx

Unknown said...

Hi Mima
Sounds like you've been doing some fun things over the Easter holidays and I'm so pleased that you didn't have to go into hospital on your birthday. We had fun in Devon and all the pictures that you all did for the FBI are still up on the wall.
Have a great time in Scotland and we're looking forward to catching up with you very soon. Big hug to you all.
Lots of love Uncle Edward, Auntie Nic-nocs, Hattie, Max & Tilly
PS Can you guess how excited I am about meeting your new hen!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
I'm so glad you're feeling good - I hear you were fantastic at the dancing! Have a SPLENDID time in Scotland, send lots of love to Mummy, Daddy and Em and I look forward to hearing all about it when you get home. I hope we'll get to see you some time next week, lots and lots of love, Jemma Ef, Charlie, Tom, Herbie and Monts xxx

Anonymous said...

glad things are going well and no treatment for 2 weeks thats great.
I hope Scotland is wonderful and that you all enjoy the break.
Pleased to hear you had lots of presents for your birthday.You have so many friends.
Lots of love and take care
Sue