Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Tuesday 18th March 2008

This is the Easter Bonnet Parade on Ward 27
I am at home today because my mouth is really ssssssssoooooooooooooorrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee and my throught rrrrrrreeeeeeaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hurts but still I really enjoyed the party and thank you to Charlotte Smiles! (That is the charity who organised and paid for the party) and to my special nurse Hannah for coming down in the parade with me! Mummy is being really boring because she is making the curtains for Emily's new bedroom today. I am trying to help her by telling her she is cutting the fabric in the wrong place but she doesn't believe me. Do you know what, I was right and now Emily's curtains are going to be too short!!!!
Katie has just rang up to tell me that I don 't have to have any chemotherapy on my birthday. (Katie is THE BEST!!! I know she reads this too!!!) Oh did I tell you it is my birthday next Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima, Love the photo, I always love to see you so happy. I am sorry that your mouth is hurting you so much, poor gir, that horrid medicine.
I was thinking that it must be your birthday soon as I know your the same star sign as Hannah and it is her 2nd birthday on Friday. Are you having a party? It's lovey that it wil be the Easter holiday so no school on your birthday, you can spend al day eating chocolate from Sunday!!
Lots of love venetia XXX

venetia murray said...

P.S I have just noticed there are lots of l's missing, I think I need a new keyboard!! XXXX

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA, I LOVE YOUR EASTER BONNET!!!!!!
SORRY YOUR MOUTH AND THROAT ARE SO SORE, HOPE YOU FEEL ABIT BETTER FOR EASTER SO YOU CAN EAT LOTS OF EASTER EGGS, AND YOU NEED TO FEEL 100% BETTER BY TUESDAY FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY SO YOU CAN EAT LOTS OF YUMMY CAKE!
WE ARE GOING AWAY IN OUR CARAVAN NEXT WEEK, BUT WERE AT HOME FOR EASTER AS WE HAVE A SURPRISE PARTY TO GO TO ON FRIDAY AND WERE DOING THE FOOD FOR IT!
I HOPE EMILY'S CURTAINS ARE NOT TOO SHORT,(I'M SURE MUMMY TRIED HER BEST!) BUT THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME WHEN I WAS ALTERING SOME FOOTBALL CURTAINS FOR NIALL & ALFIE'S ROOM, AND I CHOPPED THE FOOTBALLERS LEGS OFF!!!!!
HOPE YOU FEEL ABIT BETTER TOMORROW,
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
XXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimes, sorry to hear your mouth is sore, I have a mouth ulcer and its making my grumpy, so you must be very brave to keep smiling. Guess what?? Fifi and I have just ordered your birthday gifts on line !!!! She is very excited about the pony party. Have a good Easter. Love The Furbers

Anonymous said...

hello,hope that by now your mouth is better.You have to have a happy mouth because you have Easter eggs to eat. I wonder if your chickens will lay some eggs for your Easter breakfast?
I have to say you looked gorgeous in your Easter bonnet.You look so happy I imagine the party was a success!
Glad to hear you won't be having treatment on your birthday.That really would have been a bit much.
I'm sure Mummy has managed to fix Emily's curtains by now.I don't have a clue how to make curtains.
Have a lovely Easter and I'm looking forward to hearing about your birthday and if you got any presents.
Lots of love
Sue

Uncle Simon said...

Hello Mima this is cousin Lauren. Me and Mum were at blockbusters and we found alot of eggs and some of them had candy inside so we cut off the wrappers and put all of the candy in one bag. now I'm at home and i'm just sending you something but you might know this because you will see it on your computer :)

I hope your throat gets better love love love Lauren wilford xxooxxooxxooxxooxxoo

Uncle Simon said...

Hi Mima, What are you going to get me for your birthday !!! lots of love. Aloha, Uncle Simon xx

Unknown said...

Hi Mima. The photo of you at the party is great, thanks for putting it on. I'm so glad that you were able to come and had such a good time. Wasn't Chuckle Chops funny. I think the grown ups were laughing as much as the children. your hat really was good Chuckle Chops had such a hard time choosing a winner. Thanks for registering with Charlotte's Smiles I'll let you know when we have an activity available for you. Don't forget to tell your friends about us at the hospital as we hope to be having a summer trip somewhere later in the year. Good luck from Meg. Charlotte's Smiles