Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

WEDNESDAY 12TH MARCH 2008

Blood test again today
I went to hospital this morning to have a blood test to see if I am ok to have a general anaesthetic tomorrow for my lumbar puncture and IT MTX (chemo into my spine). After I had my needle put in I don't really know what happened but one minute I was fine and then the next I felt all woozy and had to lie down. I couldn't talk and my eyes were blurry. It was really frightening and just like before when I had a seizure. The doctor came to see me, checked me over and said she could hear a slight murmur in my heart and when my line was flushed it could have caused the funny turn. Anyway, I stayed in the hospital for a few hours until I felt a bit better and then came home to bed.
I spent most of the day wondering what my blood results would be like and also worrying because the nurses had told me this morning that there was not an anaesthetist available to do the list in the morning. All a bit of a nightmare because I like to have it sorted in my mind when I am having a sleep and an LP. I found out this afternoon that my blood was ok and there is an anaesthetist so I will be nil by mouth from midnight. More Vincristine and IV MTX on Friday so I will feel horrid over the weekend!
I did see my old friend from the ward Asma this morning so that was really good, she has lots of curly hair! We are trying to arrange with her mum to come over for a sleepover in the easter holidays - yipeeeeee!

4 comments:

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,

Poor you what a horrid week your having. Thank goodness you felt ok so that you could come home after feeling dizzy, it's always much better for you to be in the comfort of your own bed when not feeling great.
I hope that today went ok and you managed to keep those funny little turns at bay. Keep strong and as always we are thinking of you.
With love Venetia XX

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA, IT'S LOVELY TO HEAR HOW YOUR DOING BUT SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FUNNY TURN!
MY LAPTOP'S BEEN PAYING UP SO I'VE NOT BEEN ABLE TO READ YOUR BLOG UNTIL NOW. I HOPE YOU VINCRISTINE AND IV MTX WENT OK TODAY?
I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU'LL GET MUCH SLEEP AT THIS SLEEPOVER YOU'RE ARRANGING WITH YOUR FRIEND ASMA BUT I BET IT WILL BE FUN!!
HOPE YOU DON'T FEEL TO POORLY OVER THE WEEKEND, TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV, MAX

hannah :) x said...

hi,
i'm hannah and in 2004 i was diagnose with the same as you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima Its Anna Le Sueur from Leicester, I have emailed you a few times but it has not been for a long time. Hope your weekend was not too bad chick, I really do think your soooooooooo brave. Keep your chin up sweetpea.
My Little girl Chloe (11) has been in the LRI alot lately, She has a bowel that does'nt work properly so they are trying to fix it. We may be in next week too. Is'nt hospital food horrible,Yuk. I'm thinking of you. Love Anna xx