Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Easter Sunday

DID YOU SEE THE SNOW?
When we woke up this morning, everywhere was white. It was sooooooo pretty. Digby lives outside, so when we let him out he was really funny, he was trying to catch the snowflakes and eat them. Then we let the chickens out and they were even funnier, I don't think they have ever seen snow before. They had laid us two eggs for our breakfast and the yolks were completely golden, yum scrum.
At riding yesterday, it was soooooooooo cold and it snowed and hailed and the wind blew so Mummy pulled us out of the class and decided it was not worth catching a cold so that was very sad because I do love riding (did you know that?) That was the first sad thing about the easter weekend. The next thing was that we were going to my Auntie Gillie's house for a big family party because it is cousin Emma, Uncle Matthew, Uncle William, Granny and my birthday all on Tuesday and we like to celebrate together but then Gillie rang to say that our cousin Rose was coming out in spots everywhere and it looked like chicken pox so we decided it would be best not to go!!! Soooooooooooooo sad!!! Then another thing happened. We had planned to go out for an early supper with some friends we met on holiday but they live in Devon and were up here sailing at Rutland Water. The racing was cancelled and they had to go home so we couldn't meet them either. What a nightmare weekend. Anyway, Granny and Papa came round for lunch today and we had some lovely roast beef although the gravy was not very nice and the meat was a bit chewy. Never mind.
I am in to hospital in the morning for another blood test (on Friday, my results were not very good and I am covered in bruises again) and the last lot of chemo in escalating capizzi II. I hope that my blood is still no good and then I won't have to have anymore methotrexate. When Dr Heaney looked inside my mouth on Friday he said 'ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh, that does look sore' so I begged him not to give me any more because it will just make my ulcers worse and it is my birthday (did you know that?).

8 comments:

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,
Sorry that your weekend didn't go as planned but it is much better for you to stay away from horrible colds and chicken pox.
It was lovely to see you in the pub on Friday. Thank you for looking after Thomas and Hannah, they were so tired and were asleep before their heads hit the pillow.
Good luck in hospital tomorrow, I hope those nasty bruises and your ulcers are all going away.
Did you get lots of chocolate today? I think that I could nearly set up a sweet shop in this house, Thomas and Hannah are going to start looking like chocolate!!!
lots of love Venetia XXX

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA, I LOVE THE SNOW TOO!!!
THE BOYS WERE HOPING IT WOULD STAY FOR A FEW DAYS BUT IT SOON VANISHED!
I WOULD LOVE TO TRY THE EGGS THAT YOUR CHICKENS ARE LAYING....THEY SOUND REALLY TASTY.
SORRY YOU HAD TO FINISH RIDING EARLY BUT IT SEEMS MUMMY MADE THE RIGHT DECISION. OUR EASTER PLANS HAVE ALL CHANGED TOO! WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN GOING IN OUR CARAVAN THIS WEEK, BUT WE WENT TO VISIT SOME FRIENDS YESTERDAY AT THE SITE WHERE WE WERE MEANT TO BE GOING AND IT WAS SO WET AND MUDDY WE'VE DECIDED NOT TO BOTHER!
HOPE YOU GOT ON OK AT THE HOSPITAL THIS MORNING AND YOUR MOUTH FEELS ABIT BETTER.....AND HEY.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TOMORROW MIMA.....HAVE FUN,I'M SURE YOU WILL!
TAKE CARE,
LOTSA LUV, MAX
xxx

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to a very special girl.Hope your birthday goes better than the weekend did.Funny but it seems that when one thing goes wrong other unlucky things happen too.
Hope your having a great birthday
Lots of Love
Sue

Daisy & Archie said...

Hi Mima
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Mima, Happy Birthday to you!!! Hope you have a cracking day. Enjoy your pressie, card in the post with a few sweeties from Daisy & Archie.
Hope you are feeling much better soon and you are back pony riding at the weekend. It is freezing here today - I can still see the last remains of Daisy's snowman!!
With lots of love
Auntie Jax
xxxx

venetia murray said...

Happy Birthday mima, hope you are having a really happy day.
Lots of love Venetia XXX

Anonymous said...

H-A-P-P-Y***B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y***M-I-M-A
Have a lovely day, Lotsa luv, Max. xxx

Katty said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIMA - hope you had a fantastic, brilliant, super-speshal and purrfect 9th birthday.
Lots of love Katty, Morgan and Scooby xxx and lots of purrs!

Anonymous said...

Clare looks at the school calendar most days to see whose birthday it is ... it's you today ... Happy 9th Birthday Jemima! Hope you've had a lovely day and lots of super pressies. See you soon. Sam Collins & family x PS Guess what, we're getting a chocolate cocker spaniel puppy on 1st May and we're sooooo excited. He's going to be called Bertie! :-)