Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Wednesday 6th February 2008

My blood is not good enough yet!!!
Sadly (well not really because I don't like treatment) my blood results were not good enough to start the next block of treatment on Tuesday so I had another blood test this morning and guess what?????? Well my neutrophils are still not good enough. They are 0.55 and need to be 0.75 or more to start treatment. Never mind, I will now have another blood test on Monday to see if I can start on Tuesday - great half term that will be.
Did you know I can't go to school this week? I am really well but there is alot of Chicken Pox at school so it is better for me not to be there. My big sis Em is not at school either though because Mummy, Daddy and Emily all have really bad colds. I have moved out to Granny and Papa's house because it is germ free up there!!!
I have a few messages:
Katie, if you read this, I am going to pop in to see you tomorrow to take my needle out if that is ok with you because I don't like riding with it in.
Ruby, I hope you are feeling better now and your neutrophils are getting better.
Ben, I hope you are enjoying your break and your neutrophils get better.
Lucy, I love your new website and I hope you enjoyed Norwich.
Helen, is it your wedding on Saturday this week?????? I hope you and Hannah had fun on your hen night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOW THEN MIMA.... I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT YOU ARE ONLY MOVING INTO GRANNY AND PAPA'S HOUSE SO THAT YOU CAN EAT THE REMAINDER OF PAPA'S BIRTHDAY CAKE????????????
I HOPE YOU HAD A LOVELY TIME ON SUNDAY CELEBRATING WITH PAPA, BUT SORRY TO HEAR YOUR NEUTROPHILS ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO START TREATMENT! HOPEFULLY BY MONDAY THEY WILL BE UP BY ATLEAST 0.20 SO THAT YOU CAN CONTINUE ON YOUR ROAD TO RECOVERY.
HOPE EMILY,MUM & DAD GET WELL SOON TOO.
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX.
xxx

Daisy & Archie said...

Hi Mima - sorry we haven't written for a while. Sorry to hear that your neutrophils are not good enough to start your next lot of treatment. You lucky thing not being at school. I had a horrible mental maths test today and Archie has got one tomorrow. I played hockey today which was good fun. Hope to see you really soon. Love Daisy & Archie & Auntie Jax
xx

Unknown said...

Dear Mima
Really sorry to hear that your neutrophils are not good and I hope that they start going up. Sorry that Mummy, Daddy and Emily are all poorly too - we hope they get better soon.
I bet you are getting lots of nice treats with Granny and Papa! say hi to them from me.
See you soon.
Love Auntie Nic Nocs x

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima
Ruby's Mummy here. Thank you for the message. Ruby finally came out of hospital on Monday and is really well, bouncing around bossing us all about!
Thank you very much for the dolly you gave her. She has played with it a lot and she has found a special place for it in her room. You are very kind. We probably start again on Tuesday depending on blood results so we'll see you on Ward 27 I expect. Enjoy your weekend!
Love Ruby's Mummy and Ruby xx

Anonymous said...

sorry I haven't written for a while.It certainly doesn't mean that I haven't been thinking about you.I,ve just been a bit busy.I hope Granny and Papa are taking good care of you,and that Granny isn't fussing to much.Hopefully by the time you read this everyone will be feeling better and your blood has improved.
Lots of love to you and Emily and Mummy and Daddy.I think of you all everyday.
Love Sue

Polly said...

Hi Mima!!!!!

Just to say that I hope you are doing good and I hope I see you riding soon! xxxx polly