Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Saturday 10th February 2008

Hello Everyone!!!
I am just about to go riding so I am really excited. When I rang Debbie yesterday to see if it was ok for me to ride (she owns the stables) she said I could if I took some cake!!! So I have been baking this morning and have iced lots of fairy cakes to take with me.
It is a beautiful sunny day in Billesdon so that makes everyone smile. I just went down to our village shop with Digby to pick up the bread and I met lots of smiley and chatty people on the way. Digby loves meeting people as they all stroke him.
I had a great day yesterday because Mummy's friend Helena rang and asked if I could babysit her baby called Alice. She is 6 months old and I love her. She smiles at me all the time and I am her best mate! Helena and I took her to the pottery painting cafe and we painted her feet and made a plate for Alice. Then I painted an egg box made out of pot because .........................
For Daddy's birthday we are giving him some chickens to keep in the yard at the back of our house because we eat alot of eggs and it would be nice to have our own so tomorrow we are going to see a man call chicken Alasdair to choose our hens and their house. I will put some photos on here when we have them. We are going to chose one each and name it and mine is going to be called Tipsy.
Got to go riding now. Byeeeeeee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,

So nice to read that your having a lovely day. Hope the riding went well and I bet there are no more cakes left, yummy, I love cakes.
Painting little Alices feet sounds fun, she came for tea last Monday, she is so smiley and so tiny too.
Getting chickens is a great idea, we have had our 3 for about 6 months now so we get 3 lovely brown eggs every day, how many will you get I wonder?
Hope that Mummy, Daddy and Emilys colds have all gone in this sunshine.
Heres to a good week and lots of sunshine for half term.
Lots of love. Venetia XX

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA, IT'S LOVELY TO HEAR FROM YOU AND ESPECIALLY AS YOU SOUND SO CHIRPY!!!
YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY WHAT WITH ALL THE BAKING AND WALKING DIGBY TO FETCH THE BREAD, AND THE BABYSITTING AND THE HORSE RIDING, I CANT KEEP UP WITH YOU! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR'E GETTING SOME CHICKENS, I WISH WE HAD SOME....WE COULD CERTAINLY DO WITH THEM AS WE EAT AROUND 2 DOZEN BETWEEN THE 6 OF US IN A WEEK, SOMETIMES MORE! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PHOTO'S OF THEM WHEN YOU GET THEM.... ESPECIALLY "TIPSY" !
ANYWAY, I MUST GO NOW AS WE HAVN'T HAD DINNER YET, WER'E RUNNING LATE TONIGHT!
TAKE CARE MIMA,
HAVE A LOVELY WEEK OFF SCHOOL,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
xxx

Anonymous said...

hi mima it was nice and sunny here in arnesby too. i went cycling then horse riding, then we we to the indian resyurant for supper. have a goo half term. love fifi

Anonymous said...

Dear Jemima, hope you are ok. nice to hear from you. speak to you later from Ayesha xxxx oooo