Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Friday 1st February 2008

Happy Birthday Granpa!!!
My Granpa is 70 today and we are going to celebrate with him on Sunday - yippeee!!!

Guess where I have been for the last three days???? In hospital!!! I didn't feel very well on Wednesday and my temperature kept going up so Mummy rang the hospital and they asked us to go in. When we got there I was feeling really poorly and had a sore tummy and I couldn't walk, then I was sick and felt even more rubbish so I was given some antibiotics into my line but then in the night my temperature went down and I started to feel much better. Anyway, I have just got home and now have to go back every afternoon until Monday for some more antibiotics and then I should be better.

My neutrophils are rubbish 0.10 so couldn't be much lower, so if you have any sniffles or bugs, please don't come near me because I don't want to go back in to hospital just yet. Because my neutrophils are so low, I didn't start the next block of treatment but I will have another blood test on Monday to see if I can start on Tuesday.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
I hope you are feeling better soon and that you will feel better for your grandads birthday on Sunday . I wonder what birthday cake he will have? i think you might have to help him blow all 70 candles out !!!!!!Have a really nice weekend hope to see you at school soon love the Woods xxx

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA, IT'S LOVELY TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN! I THOUGHT YOU MUST BE FEELING POORLY WHEN YOU DIDN'T WRITE ON YOUR BLOG! BET YOU CAN'T WAIT TO CELEBRATE WITH YOUR GRANPA TOMORROW, HOPE YOU'VE BOUGHT HIM SOMETHING NICE FOR HIS BIRTHDAY? ALFIE IS GOING TO HIS LITTLE FRIENDS BIRTHDAY PARTY THIS AFTERNOON, BUT HE'S ONLY 5!
ANYWAY, I HOPE YOUR NEUTROPHILS ARN'T SO RUBBISH ON MONDAY SO THAT YOU CAN START YOUR NEXT BLOCK OF TREATMENT ON TUESDAY.
HAVE A LOVELY DAY TOMORROW WITH GRANPA,TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV, MAX
XXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimes, all the Furber girls have been poorly too!! now they have given it to Nanny Sue. Lucky Mummy and Daddy have been away for 4 days skiing so they have missed out on the germs. Yippee!! Hope you have banished those bugs and are feeling better. Hope to see you at school soon. love The Furbers

Anonymous said...

Hello Mima. I'm a friend of Ann Gilding, here in Puerto Andratx, Mallorca. Next Sunday I'm holding an "India Night" where a group of friends will be coming to see some India holiday snaps, play an Indian quiz and eat some curry. They will all be contributing towards your fund, adding to Ann's sponsored swimming pot. I think you are a very brave girl.
Best wishes Anne Kay

Anonymous said...

Hello Mima. I'm a friend of Ann Gilding, here in Puerto Andratx, Mallorca. Next Sunday I'm holding an "India Night" where a group of friends will be coming to see some India holiday snaps, play an Indian quiz and eat some curry. They will all be contributing towards your fund, adding to Ann's sponsored swimming pot. I think you are a very brave girl.
Best wishes Anne Kay