Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Monday 11th February 2008

Well the good news is that my neutrophils have gone right up to 1.1 so I can start the next block of treatment tomorrow. This is another 9 week block called Escalating Capizzi and it is the 2nd time I have done this one. Last time I spent alot of time in hospital and had the brain seizure so we are not looking forward to it much!
This also means though that after I have some asparagus and mayonnaise on Thursday we are so excited because we are going to Devon to see Uncle y'Edward, Auntie Nic-Nocs, Hattie, Max and Tilly. Yippeee, yippee, yippeeeeee!!!!!
We have had a great day today. We met Philly philpot, Rabbi, Guy and Misha and went for a bike ride through Burghley Park to the Sculpture garden. We kept hiding from Mummy and Philly and had a real laugh. In the end Digby found us and told Mummy where we were!!!
The chickens are all fine but have not laid an egg yet. I bet they will lay one for my breakfast tomorrow because I will be nil by mouth and won't be able to have it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA, SO GLAD YOUR NEUTROPHILS HAVE GONE UP, AND ALTHOUGH I BET YOU'RE NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT FEW WEEKS OF TREATMENT VERY MUCH, YOU KNOW IT WILL MAKE YOU BETTER IN THE LONG RUN!!
ANYWAY....WHAT KIND OF CHICKENS ARE THESE??? THEY NEED TO BE LAYING EGGS FOR YOU EVERY MORNING, BUT I BET THEY WILL ONCE THEY'VE SETTLED IN PROPERLY, ALTHOUGH I HOPE THEY DON'T LAY ANY TOMORROW WHEN YOU'RE 'NBM' ELSE YOU WILL MISS OUT!
ANYWAY, TAKE CARE MIMA AND GO AND SPEND SOME WONDERFUL, HAPPY, FAMILY TIME IN DEVON.
TAKE CARE,
LOTSA LUV,MAX
xxx

Anonymous said...

phewwww have a great time in Devon and say hello to our cousins! love from Isla and Rachel xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
Hope that your feeling well enough to go to Auntie Nic Nocs house in Devon, will be so lovely for you all. Thinking of you lots and I have all my fingers and toes x for you.
Have you an egg yet?????!!!!
Lots of love Venetia XXXX

Anonymous said...

hi there haven't looked at your blog for a while and it seems I missed a lot of news.I really musn't leave it so long. The chickens look lovely.I hope that by now they have settled down and have laid some eggs.The photographs are super and you all look very happy.
Hope things are going well.
lots of love Sue

Anonymous said...

Dear Mima
we are just leaving you a message as a test message as our mummy is not that good at computers
love from the
cockbills x
ps: hels sent 2 yesterday - did you get them ?

Anonymous said...

hi mima i am so so so sorry to hear your little or should i say big accedent ( don't no how you spell it ) but rachel told me that you still should be allowed to carry on with your chemo! i am glad you told me how to write in your blog cause i have been trying for ages! apart from the little fall im glad you had a great time in scotland! tommoro i am having a sleepover cause i am going onto maintenence ! i know that is probly hard to hear but you will get there before you know it ! all you have to do is be brave and strong like we all are on ward 27 keep texting .get better soon!
Lucy xxx