Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Wednesday 9th January 2007

Back to school - aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!



School started again today but I couldn't go first thing because I had a blood test at home. Then when I did go it was good. I wasn't looking forward to it much because I like being at home with Mummy but it was good.

My treatment started again last Thursday and I have been quite well apart from feeling sick most of the time. The chemo finished on Monday and then I had yesterday and today off but have to go back to hospital tomorrow for another sleep and IT MTX then chemo everyday until Tuesday again. My blood results were not too good today so I will probably be having a transfusion very soon. My hb was 8.2 and usually you get some more blood when it goes to 8. My neutrophils are 0.4 so that means please don't come near me with any germs or I will be poorly. But my platelets are good.

Now lots of people have been asking what I had for xmas so I will tell you. I had lots but here is some of what I had. Paper FX to weave recycled paper and make pots or bags out of, Digimakeover, well what you do is take a picture of you or someone and plug it in to the tv then you can put hair or makeup and jewellery on, it is cool. I had a really nice charm bracelet and some charms of a pony, a heart and an elephant with a diamond eye! My big cousins gave me a lovely necklace, my godfather gave me a fabbbbbbb fur coat and oh I had so much more too.

I have just had a really big tea because I am nil by mouth from midnight and I don't like waking up hungry. Night night xxx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
Thinking of you tomorrow, sounds as though you are having lots of treatment at the moment so you are most probably feeling abit tired and a bit yucky.
You did well with your Christmas presents, maybe you can take some to hospital to make the time go abit quicker when you are there, must be soooo boring for you.
Hope that you 'sleep' well tomorrow and you don't wake feeling too poorly.
Lots of love Venetia XXX

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA,
GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW, I'M REALLY NOT SURE HOW YOU MANAGE TO KEEP GOING THROUGH ALL THIS TREATMENT BUT I SUPPOSE YOU DON'T HAVE MUCH CHOICE REALLY AND IT WILL BE SO WORTH IT IN THE END.
IT WAS LOVELY TO READ ABOUT WHAT YOU GOT FOR CHRISTMAS, ESPECIALLY THE FUR COAT AND THE CHARM BRACELET, I HAD A GOLD ONE FOR MY 21st BIRTHDAY AND I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING CHARMS FOR IT EVER SINCE AND I THINK I MUST HAVE ABOUT 20 OR MORE NOW.
ANYWAY, I HOPE YOU DON'T FEEL TOO POORLY TOMORROW MIMA, UPDATE US WHEN YOU FEEL BETTER, TAKE CARE,
LOTSA LUV, MAX

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima

I've been thinking of you over Christmas - sounds like you had a good one. Hope you don't feel too bad when you wake up after your anaesthetic today.
lots of love, Helen, Jon, Thomas and Rebeccaxxxx

Daisy & Archie said...

Hi Mima
How did you get on today? We have been thinking of you and I have especially been thinking of you because Mummy told me today that I have got to have an operation after half-term on my ear because I have a hole in it. Perhaps you could give me some hints on how to not be worried about it. Hope you feel better soon and write on your blog soon. I love reading it.
lotsa love Daisy xx

Unknown said...

hi mima
its hattie
i am not feeling 100%
but my holiday was fab
its good that you like the cote
lods of love hattie
x x x x x x x x x x

Unknown said...

hi mima
its hattie
i am not feeling 100%
but my holiday was fab
its good that you like the coat.
lods of love hattie
x x x x x x x x x x