Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Wednesday 2nd January 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I have had a really good week. As you know my blood results last week were not good enough for me to start my treatment again but that meant that I had another week off so we were very lucky and invited to Norfolk for a couple of days. We stayed with some very good friends called Penny and Adam and two of their children, Millie and Flora. oh yes and their dog Lottie who is our dog Digbys sister. Their dad Charlie was there too as his owners Lucy and Ashley came too with their two children. We had great fun on the beach with all the dogs and i walked for miles both days. The sea was a bit cold but we did see some people swimming! It was really fun and good to be back in Norfolk because we didn't go in the summer at all.
Now then I had my blood taken this morning and Katie rang to tell me that it was fine so I could start again tomorrow so that is what I am doing. I have to be in for 8 .30am for a general anaesthetic so the doctors can give me an injection of chemo into my spine (IT MTX). Thats ok but then I have to have chemo into my line for FOUR hours. I will feel really really sick and probably be sick too. I will have a nurse visit at home every day for 4 days to give me some chemo into my line then it starts again the next Thursday with a general and IT MTX then 4 more days of chemo at home and while that is all going on I have to take some more chemo for two weeks oh yes and the yuk weekend medicine but now I can swallow tablets that is nowhere near as bad. I started taking some multivitamins today too which I swallow just in case i don't get enough from the food I eat. Then after that is the aaaarrrrgggghhhh asparagus and mayonnaise in the leg and a bit more vin and christine then another week and another vin and christine and then finished for that block. Guess what happens then????? back to escalating capizzi - loads of meds all over again.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA,
I MUST SAY YOU SOUND HAPPY ENOUGH WITH THE WEEK AHEAD, AND SO YOU SHOULD DO AS IT WILL ONLY RESULT IN ONE THING.........TO HELP MAKE YOU BETTER!
I BET YOU HAD A GREAT TIME IN NORFOLK WALKING ALL THOSE DOGS, WE'VE GOT A LITTLE DOG, A YORKSHIRE TERRIER. DANIEL BEGGED US FOR A LITTLE PUPPY FOR HIS 11th BIRTHDAY BUT WE SAID NO, SO HE SAID HE WOULD JUST HAVE A SNICKERS BAR (HIS FAVOURITE CHOCOLATE BAR) AND A FOOTBALL AS HE DIDN'T NEED ANYTHING ELSE, BUT MUCH TO HIS SURPRISE, WHEN HE OPENED HIS PRESENT, AN EMPTY SNICKERS BOX WE GOT FROM THE SUPERMARKET.... A LITTLE PUPPY JUMPED OUT!! AND GUESS WHAT HE CALLED HIM.... SNICKERS! HE WILL BE 2 IN MAY!
ANYWAY MIMA, I BET YOU'RE FAST ASLEEP IN BED NOW, ALL READY FOR TOMORROW SO GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE IT DON'T MAKE YOU FEEL TOO POORLY.
LOTSA LUV, MAX.
XXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,

Happy new year, really pleased you have managed to get away to Norfolk for the New Year and it sounds as though you had great fun.
Not a great couple of weeks coming up for you poor little one. we are, as always, thinking of you lots. I think it looks like it might snow today which would be exciting. Hope your home soon and feeling not too poorly.
ots of love Venetia XXX

Katty said...

Good luck Mima with you treatment and hope you don't feel to yukky after it. You are so bubbly its hard to imagine you asleep for your injections! Morgan and Scooby are always asleep, its all they ever do. Did you know they are real brothers too? (but from different litters) You can tell because they fight all the time like brothers do.
It must have been cold on the beach in Norfolk, brrrr. It makes me shiver just thinking about it.
Look after yourself and lots of love x

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
Sorry it has been so long.. but Christmas and New Year just kinda scooped us up and here we are in 2008!
We are back to work now and have lots to do, and the bookings are coming in too, which always helps!! What good is a restaurant with no customers to look after!!??
Any way it is good to catch up with all your news, it sounds like you have all had a fabulous holiday, even if you did have a cold... I reckon that it was a blessing in disguise, as it meant you could enjoy that extra week of fun and laughter, and a visit to Norfolk too!
I love Norfolk, it is just sooooo
B-E-A-Utiful, don't you think?
I shall be praying for you extra hard, as you are having all this treatment, it is so cool that you can take those tablets yourself now!
Biggest prayer for 2008? That all this stuff makes you better really quickly!!
Big love and kisses to you all
Sarah xxxxx and Lino and The Girls too xxx
Oh just have to tell you, Lucia had her friend round today.. they made the worst pizza ever.. so Boboli is safe, for now, and then they did beauty stuff, Oh Me Oh My! Have you ever seen a chocolate face pack?? Then Strawberry and sugar to exfoliate?? They looked a sight!! Stunk of chocolate, and their hair needs washing!!!
You would have laughed!! XXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima
I am soooo pleased that you have has such a good xmas and hope you got lots of presents. I had a really great time. It was great to see you before xmas and hope you will be able to come and play again soon.

I hope the treatment today has not been too yukky- it sounds yukky but it will make you better and that is what is important. I went to dartmouth with my Aunty Mel for New Year and it was sooooo cool because everyone gets dressed up. I went as Stephanie from Lazy Town and wore a pink wig!!
Hope to see you soon- we are back to school on Monday-boo hoo!!
love
Pops

Anonymous said...

Hi Mime's glad you enjoyed Norfolk, we were there too! But we came back tonight and have to get ready for school on Wednesday - cant wait to see you and all our friends but not looking forward to all that work. See you soon, will bring the connie photo for you.
Love Fifi

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima
I hope you aren't feeling too bad. Sounds like you had a good time in Norfolk. I remember going to Blakeney and Hunstanton many years ago. I would have thought it would be a bit cold there at this time of year.
Hope that this course of treatment isn't too bad and that when its over you are much stronger.
lots of love
Sue
Oh by the way I have a Siamese cat called Tia. Unfortunately cats aren't as much fun as dogs.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
Just a quickie to say hello, and that I was thinking of you.
Hope you are doing ok.
Keep smiling!! Like you always do!!
Lots of love Sarah xxx
And Lino and The Girls too!