Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Friday 11th January

Blood Transfusion
I had to have another blood test today as my hb is low. I have not been feeling too good today so I didn't go to school. I am so tired and my legs just won't work.
Guess what the blood results said ...................... yes I have to have a blood transfusion tomorrow. Well actually, the hospital wanted me to go tonight but I am too tired to go so we will go tomorrow. I have to have some more chemo tomorrow in hospital anyway, so now I will have it all at the same time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA, IT'S LOVELY TO HEAR FROM YOU SO SOON AFTER YOUR LAST POST!
SORRY TO HEAR YOU NEED A BLOOD TRANSFUSION TOMORROW BUT IF YOU NEED CHEMO ANYWAY MAYBE IT'S GOOD YOU CAN HAVE THEM BOTH TOGETHER?
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON AND YOUR LEGS "START TO WORK"
KEEP GOING MIMA, YOU CAN DO THIS.
LOTSA LUV, MAX

Anonymous said...

Hello Mima,
sorry you're haveing a bit of a horrid weekend but hopefully the blood will perk you up. Anyway, we are all thinking of you and send our love - including my mad sister!!!
Love Jemma Ef xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima
sorry you are feeling so poorly at present but I am sure that you will get through this spell with your usual style.You did get a lot of lovely things for Christmas and I can imagine you look gorgeous in you fur coat.
Remember I'm thinking of you all the time.
Lots and Lots of love
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
I am sorry to hear that it's all been a bit up and down for you...
But what a fab Christmas you had, and what lovely pressies too!!!
Do you remember my "goat" coat? We could leap about like proper furry things together!!
I hope that things have perked up for you since the weekend, and that you are still smiling your, Oh so sunny smile?
Things here are busy, busy.. we are back into the routine of school, and ballet, piano, tennis, and everything!! It's a bit bleak at the mo', January is a funny month, grey, and I don't think that it is ever going to stop raining do you?
Still, Spring will start to peep around the corner before we know it, and no doubt you will bounding about too. I do hope so.
Thinking of you lots, and often
Sarah, xxxx
And Lino and The Girls too! xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
It was so lovely to see you at school today, you look very well so obviously the new blood has made you feel abit more human again. Mr Murphy use to teach Mutsey when he was at Stoneygate a very long time ago, I think he was quite surprised to see him!
Thomas will hopefully be coming to Stoneygate in Sept 2009 or sooner, depending on a few things.
Emily was having a French lesson when we popped in on her class, just in time to hear her speak some very good French!!
I hope your not feeling too tired after your day at school and managed to get some of the cold sunshine we had today, always makes you feel a bit better I think.
Lots of love Venetia XXXX

Lucy said...

hi mima it's lucy i am glad you had a good weekend .somone at skool said to me that her uncle had made this web for you her name is harriet ball .i got told some news on wednesday which was sad but i don't want to tell you as you may not know for more info go onto my webbie . tommoro i am going to see ben in kettering and it is his sisters birthday so that will be fun and we are also having a chinese ! this week on wednesday i had vincristine and doctorubison if thats how you spell it ! hope your ok
love from lucy xx