Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

FRIDAY 28TH DECEMBER 2007

I love Christmas!!!
We have had a really good Christmas and I have been very well too but when Julie came to take my blood on Boxing Day the results were not good enough for me to start treatment again so I am having another break for a week. Mummy is quite pleased about that though because I have a cough and a cold and she hopes that in a week I may be alot better.
We have been able to do loads because I have been well. We went to see Beauty and the Beast at the theatre which was really good and then went to Enchanted at the cinema too and I loved that. I have been for lots of bike rides with my sister and even fell into a muddy puddle but couldn't get up because I was laughing so much!
Emily and I are riding with Debbie again tomorrow and I have really missed the ponies over Christmas so I am going to take them a carrot each to say happy Christmas!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA,
I LOVE THE COLOURS OF YOUR TEXT TONIGHT, RED & GREEN...VERY CHRISMASSY!!!!
REALLY GLAD YOU HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO LOADS OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS, ESPECIALLY GOING TO THE THEATRE AND THE CINEMA BUT YOU HAVN'T TOLD US WHAT SANTA BROUGHT YOU??? PROBABLY TOO MUCH TO WRITE ABOUT?
HOPE YOUR COUGH & COLD CLEARS UP SOON AND I HOPE YOU AND EMILY ENJOY RIDING WITH THE PONIES TOMORROW, I BET THEY'VE MISSED YOU AS MUCH AS YOU'VE MISSED THEM SO DON'T FORGET THE CARROTS!!!
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX

Unknown said...

Hi Mima
we are in singapore visiting uncle miles its VERY hot but we all look like ghosts. We're having a really good time and glad that you had a good xmas.
we all send our love and uncle miles, auntie shi shi, hannah and lucy all say hi too.
Love Hattie

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you had a good Christmas.Pity you have a cough & cold but I'm sure it will soon be gone.Were the ponies glad to see you I bet they were?
I had a great Christmas as well and I got a lap top.I was very lucky don't you think so.
Have a happy time at New Year and I hope that in 2008 you get stronger and stronger .
Lots of Love
Sue
Lots of Love

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Lovely to catch up with all your news. We are really pleased that your tube was out in time for your Christmas dinner and that you had a great time and lots of presents. Henry was very excited about Father Christmas and loved all of his presents too. Alice would love another snuggle, so pop in to see us if you are passing.
Send a kiss to Mummy, Daddy and Emily from us.
All our love, Helena, Tom, Henry and Alice xxxx

Daisy & Archie said...

Hi Mima - glad you had a good Xmas. We had a bumper one and Mummy got just what she wanted!! We were wondering if you could meet us for lunch at ZiZi's one day next week if you haven't started your next lot of treatment yet. My e-mail address is Ddaize@aol.com. Hope to see you soon. Love Daisy xxxxx

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA,
JUST A QUICK MESSAGE TO WISH YOU, EMILY, MUMMY & DADDY A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND I HOPE 2008 BRINGS YOU LOTS OF HEALTH AND HAPPINESS.
LOTSA LUV,
MAX