Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Thursday 17th January 2008

Asparagus and Mayonnaise for tea!
That is what I had today in an injection into my leg muscle - ooooowwww! that really hurts. Then I had some Vin and Christine into my line and some more blood taken because I still feel very sleepy and my legs aren't working very well.
I went to school for half a day on Tuesday and all day on Wednesday and then half a day again today but I get soooo tired. When we were coming home from the hospital this afternoon I fell asleep in the car and couldn't wake up to do my homework!
One more vin and christine next Thursday and then I am at the end of this block of treatment and will start back on escalating capizzi for another 9 weeks. I don't like escalating capizzi much because it made me really poorly last time and my mouth and lips were very sore with ulcers and I was in hospital alot.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jemima! I think this means you have passed the half way point in the intensive treatment, yay! And maybe this time it won't be so bad, Rachel was better second time round with these blocks of treatment, so hopefully you will be,too.
Not only that, did you hear that they ( the scientists) have only yesterday announced that they discovered what cells cause this disease? Which is great news, maybe in a few years they will be able to give a jab and no-one will ever get it again, wouldn't that be great. Anyway Isla now has a bear called Simon, can you guess why??! (But it's pink, shhh don't tell him)

Anonymous said...

oopsy, forgot to say bye from the Smithys in South Croxton xxxx

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA, IT'S LOVELY TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN! I CAN IMAGINE ALL THIS TREATMENT MAKES YOU REALLY TIRED, BUT YOU'RE STILL MANAGING TO DO YOUR HOMEWORK! MY BOYS HATE HOMEWORK!
WERE OFF TO MANCHESTER TO A PARTY THIS AFTERNOON SO I HOPE THE RAIN STOPS! I HOPE YOU DON'T FEEL TOO POORLY WHEN YOU START BACK ON ESCALATING CAPIZZI AND I REALLY HOPE YOUR LEGS START TO WORK PROPERLY AGAIN SOON.
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
Hope you have a lovely weekend and that you are able to go to your riding lesson, maybe not if your legs are still feeling funny and not forgetting the endless rain!
Lots of love VenetiaXXXX

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say hello Jemima. Glad to hear you have been in school a little this week. Ben has only managed one day in the last two weeks. However he may get in a bit next week as he is off the dreaded steroids for a few days. We hope you have a reasonable weekend and have some fun. Ben is going to stay with his Grandma tomorrow night so he is looking forward to that. Lots of love from The other Smith's in Kettering!! xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimes sorry we havent been in touch for a time, someone???who dropped the laptop! Its mended now though. Fifi has missed you at school, I think she likes to stay in and play with you. Have a good weekend and hope to see you at school soon. Keep smiling. Love The Furbers

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
I do hope that this is all over very quickly and you can get back to the very important business of having fun, and bounncing back like what you do best!!!
I do hope that you don't feel too awful, and don't forget to smile, it always makes you feel better, mind you so does a jolly good "strop"... Ooops don't let mummy read that one she'll be blaming me if you have one now!
A lady asked me this evening, how is it that I am always smiling, and told her she best not ask my husband that question or else he would tell her the truth about me... Tee Hee!
Any way I hope that my aimless rambling has brought a smile to your face..
Thinking of you lots, and Emily, and Mummy and Daddy too.
Love to you all
Sarah xxx and Lino and The Girls too! xxx