Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Saturday 19th January 2008

MOOOOOORE BLOOD !!!
I was right - that blood didn't work last Saturday so I had two more bags yesterday and a bag of platelets too but that was really hard work because we didn't get home last night until 11pm and I was soooooo tired.
I went riding this morning but do you know what, my favourite pony, Robbie, is going back to his owner this afternoon so I won't see him again. We went out for a hack this morning and met Mummy who was walking Digby. It was great fun but first of all I fell off because another pony got out of his stable and frightened Robbie!!! It didn't hurt, I just went PLOP on to the ground! Apparently you have to fall off 7 times before you are a good rider, so only 5 more time to go!
I am still really tired and don't have much energy so I am not sure if this blood has worked either. Mummy thinks it may just be because I have had so much chemo over the last couple of weeks and my body needs to recover. After the last vin and christine next Thursday I will have a week off so hopefully will begin to feel well again then.
We just got back from having supper Market Harborough as a special treat, it was lovely and we all had a really good time.
Night Night! xxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA, IT'S LOVELY TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN, BUT NOT SO GOOD YOU FELL OFF ROBBIE! GLAD YOUR'E OK THOUGH. I WENT HORSE RIDING ONCE AT CENTER PARCS BUT THE HORSE DIDN'T DO WHAT I WANTED HIM TO DO AND I ENDED UP IN A HEAP ON THE FLOOR!!! I ONLY HOPE YOU DONT GET HURT DURING THE NEXT 5 FALLS IT'S GONNA TAKE YOU TO BECOME A GOOD RIDER!
I HOPE YOU FEEL ABIT BETTER FROM NEXT THURSDAY ONWARDS, I'M SURE YOU WILL!
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimes,
You sound as if you have been very busy even if you have been feeling tired. Hope the second lot of blood has kicked in now.
Henry is still talking about his lovely time with you and all the treats he had, lots more than he gets with me!
Hope this week goes OK with your treatment.
Big kisses to all of you from all of us.
Helena xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi there glad to hear that you have been feeling well enough to go riding and managed to go to school as well. Sorry to hear that your favourite pony is leaving but I am sure they are all lovely and it won't make any difference to how much you enjoy the ride.
Lots of love
Sue

Katty said...

Hi Mima, your blog has gone green!! Is it because you were feeling green or you go bored with the pink? Still looks fab though! xXx