Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Tuesday 4th December 2007

I just picked up my new wig!!!
We are just home from Birmingham and got my new wig which has been made especially for me by a very nice man called Pete who is part of Little Princesses Trust. They make the shape of your head with clingfilm and sellotape and then send it to America for making into a wig with real hair on it. I really love it and it is so comfy and not itchy like the other wig I had.
Pete is very kind and he gave Emily and me a voucher for £10 to spend in Claire's Accessories so we went there and had a really fun time.
I am going to the Christmas panto with my class tomorrow morning and Mummy is coming too. We are going to see 101 Dalmations and I am excited about that. We have to take a packed lunch so I just don't know what I will eat.
I am going to hospital again on Thursday for some more chemo. This one makes my wee pink so it is really funny! I don't think I will feel very well afterwards as it makes me feel sick so I don't think I will go to school again until next week.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA, NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN! I BET YOU LOOK GREAT IN YOUR NEW WIG?? WONDER WHAT YOU AND EMILY HAVE SPENT YOUR £10 VOUCHERS ON, THERES SO MUCH LOVELY STUFF IN CLAIR'S - NOT THAT I'D NO.....IV GOT 4 BOYS!! HOPE YOU FIND SOMETHING NICE TO EAT FOR YOUR PACKED LUNCH TOMORROW, AND ENJOY THE PANTO, AND REMEMBER... ONCE THURSDAY'S OUT OF THE WAY IT'S ONLY ANOTHER 19 DAYS UNTIL THE BIG MAN IN THE BRIGHT RED SUIT WILL NO DOUBT BE PAYING YOU A VISIT!!
TAKE CARE MIMA, LOTSA LUV, MAX. xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
Your wig sounds great, can't wait to see you in it, maybe Mummy could post a picture for us to see. Have a lovely time tomorrow at the panto, hope there is some chocolate in your packed lunck....yummy.
Good luck on Thursday, will be thinking of you and hope your not feeling too poorly for the weekend and next week.
Lots of love. Venetia XXX

SUE said...

I'm sure you look beautiful in your new wig. I wish I could see how lovely you look.
101 Dalmations is a lovely story and I imagine the show will be great.
Hope tomorrow goes well and that you don't feel ill for long.
It will soon be Christmas and that is always something to look forward to.
Thinking of you always
Love Sue

Uncle Simon said...

Mima we are all looking forward to seeing pictures soon, but don't overdo it in Clair's or you might end up looking like Mummy did in about 1985 ! Wish I had a picture of that !!
uncle simon xxx

Daisy & Archie said...

Hi Mima
You groovy girl, how cool is that to have a wig with real hair!! Have a great time at the panto. Hope to see you really soon. Lots of love Daisy & Archie.
PS: We are both off school today. I'm not feeling very well and Archie has just knocked himself out in the playground!! Mummy is having a nice time watching TV with us!! xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima!
How lovely to hear you are back, and bouncing back just like you do!
I can't wait to see the wig, is it like your hair is in on the home page of your blog site? I bet you look just gorgeous!!
I hope that you enjoyed the Panto today?
I always think that it really begins to feel like Christmas when you go to the theatre. 101 Dalmations is such a lovely story too.
My favourite bit in the original film is quite near the begining when the narrator is talking about how people tend to choose dogs that resemble themselves, or is that dogs tend to choose people that resemble them??!!
Any way, if you look around you, you will find that sometimes this is really true!! Don't tell that I said so!
Any way, keep blogging, we love to hear your news.
Lots of love
Sarah xxx And Lino and the girls too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima, it's sad to hear that you are poorly. I really hope you are feeling better soon. You sound really cheerful and brave :) it's lovely to hear about all the fun things you have been doing. Going to see the dancers must have been amazing - i saw the photo of you flying in the paper this evening.. amazing! Anyway lots of love Karen (you might remember me from Little Acorns but it's quite a long time ago)

Anonymous said...

hope things went well yesterday and that you don't feel too awful.

love
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hola Mima
I am off to see Mark and Courtney on 18th December and I want to wish you, Mummy and Daddy, Emily and Digby a very happy Christmas. I shall be thinking of you all.
Love hugs and kisses.
Hasta luego,
Adios
Rita XXXXx

Anonymous said...

HI Mima,
Just a quickie to say hello, and hope that you are ok after the chemo...
Just keep thinking about Christmas and all the fun you are bound to have, yummy food, lovely family and friends, and I am sure that there wil be the odd pressie to be opened too??!!
Keep smiling, gorgeous you, and take care.
Love and kisses to you all
Sarah x