Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Friday 14th December 2007

The Christmas holidays have started!!!

I am so pleased that the holidays have started but I feel pretty rubbish so am sorry that it is always in the holidays when I feel ill. I had some friends to play after school today and we watched a christmas movie and now Lily is staying for a sleepover. I am sooooo tired that I think we will have to go straight to sleep.

Lily is coming riding with me tomorrow (yeah!) I hope it won't be too cold. We have all our clothes ready and thermals too. Last week Emily and I got sooooo wet and cold but we still really loved it!

We have put our tree up at home and Em and I have put one up in the playroom too. We even have some presents under the tree and I am very excited. My Granpa came round tonight to give us his presents because he is away for Christmas and he gave me a top and a scarf from my favourite shop Monsoon. They are both really really nice. Well done Granpa!!!

I have a few days off from treatment now so my bloods can recover after the last three weeks of chemo. I am not feeling too good so Mummy thinks I will probably need some more blood next week. I will have a blood test on Wednesday to see and then if the results are ok I will start the next block of treatment on boxing day which is chemo every day for two weeks with a couple of days off in the middle. Yuk yuk yuk. Oh yes, I am back on steroids too so that makes you feel cross and hungry.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA, GLAD YOU'VE UPDATED US BUT SAD YOU FEEL RUBBISH!!! IM SURE YOUR FRIEND LILY WILL UNDERSTAND IF YOU GO TO SLEEP EARLY. MAKE SURE YOU WRAP UP WARM WHEN YOU GO RIDING TOMORROW. I BET YOU'RE SO EXCITED ABOUT CHRISTMAS...MY 4 BOYS ARE!! I WONDER WHAT SANTA WILL BRING YOU? I READ THAT YOU'VE OPENED GRANPA'S PRESENTS ALREADY? MY BOYS WANT TO OPEN ONE EARLY BUT I TOLD THEM I'LL SEE... ONLY 11 MORE SLEEPS!
KEEP SMILING MIMA, LOTSA LOVE, MAX XXX

sue said...

pleased you felt well enough to give an update.I hope the riding went well and that you managed to keep warm.Christmas is very close now and I can imagine you & Emily are both reaaly looking forward to it.This time next week it will be here and you will probably have opened all you presents very early.I'm sure there will be lots of lovely things for both of you.
lots of love
Sue

Daisy & Archie said...

Hi Mima
It was so nice to see you today with Mummy. I am really sorry you feel so rubbish, it's not nice but you will soon be through all this horridness and feeling alot, lot better. Keep smiling, you are so cool. Have a fantastic Christmas and hope to see you again soon.
lots of love godmother Jax
xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,

Sorry I haven't written for a while, I have been a very busy bee getting ready for Christmas. Are you excited? Bet you are, Thomas is getting really excited about Father Christmas coming to visit him.
Hope the holidays are going well and that your doing lots of riding and seeing lots of friends whilst your off your treatment.
Have a lovely Christmas and New Year. Have just read what Godmother Jax has put and I see that your not feeling so great, poor you Mima, its just not fair is it, hopefully Father Christmas will bring you lots of energy and lots of feeling better.
As I always say, you are just the bravest little girl and we are all so proud of you, keep going little one.
Lots of love to Mummy, Daddy and Emily and hope to see you soon.
All our love Venetia, Paul, Thomas and Hannah XXXXXX

Anonymous said...

Dear Jemima

I just wanted to leave you a message, because I always look to see your messages and never leave you one. So here it is!

I was going to say I was sorry to see you at St James the Greater carol service, because when you came in you looked all cold and a bit miserable. Then, the next time I looked over, you had found your (grown up) friend and you had a big smiley face and she had obviously cheered you up. So that was really good news.

The other bit of good news is that even though your hair is falling out and that is horrible for you, it can always grow back!

Bye for now and hello to Emily. Love the Greenlees.