Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

I am sooooooooooooooo excited. Mummy and Daddy say I have been very well behaved and I havn't lost any presents for being naughty (yet) and (hopefully) I will be getting lots of presents so I am very happy. Merry Christmas everybody and thank you all very much for leaving me messages this year. There are some people I don't know like Max and Katty so thank you to you both too.
My hair has all come out again so I am really pleased I have my new wig. Pete (the man who made it for me) gave me a voucher for Claires accessories so I bought some nice hair bands to wear with it which go with my outfits.
I am very pleased with myself this week because now that I don't have my nose tube anymore I have to take my medicines in my mouth and do you know what I have been doing????? Well I have learnt how to take the tablets whole washed down with a glass of water and it is so easy and takes only a second but before it used to take about half an hour for each one!
Love Mima

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA!
YOU'VE MADE MY CHRISTMAS EVE A VERY SPECIAL ONE BY LETTING ME KNOW YOU ENJOY GETTING MESSAGES FROM ME EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T KNOW ME, THANKYOU! WELL,MY 4 BOYS HAVE JUST GONE TO BED AND MY 2 YOUNGEST - NIALL(7) AND ALFIE(4) HAVE THEIR EYES SHUT TIGHT, AND I DON'T THINK THEY DARE OPEN THEM INCASE THEY SEE SANTA CLAUS DELIVERING THEIR PRESENTS!!! MY OLDER 2 HOWEVER - JOSHUA(15)AND DANIEL(12) ARE PLAYING IT COOL AND WATCHING TV IN THEIR ROOM FOR ABIT BUT I'M SURE THEY WILL BE PEEPING OUT OF THE WINDOW TO SEE IF THEY CAN SEE THE BIG FELLA WITH THE RED SUIT AND WHITE BEARD!!!
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'VE LEARNT HOW TO TAKE YOUR TABLETS WITH WATER SO QUICKLY...SOMETHING JOSH CAN'T DO AND HES THE 15 YEAR OLD!
ONLY ONE MORE SLEEP, AND I HOPE SANTA BRINGS YOU SOME LOVELY PRESENTS, ASWELL AS LOTS OF GOOD HEALTH AND HAPPINESS FOR 2008, YOU'RE AN INSPIRATION TO US ALL!
HAPPY CHRISTMAS MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,MAX,DAVE,JOSH,DAN,NIALL & ALFIE xxx

Anonymous said...

HI AGAIN MIMA,
I WONDER IF YOUR HOUSE IS AS NOISY AS MINE AT THE MOMENT? SURELY NOT!! I THOUGHT I'D HAVE 5 MINUTES PEACE AND LEAVE YOU A QUICK MESSAGE TO ESCAPE THE NOISE THAT MY 4 ARE MAKING WITH THEIR NEW TOYS & GADGETS! I HOPE SANTA BOUGHT YOU LOTS OF LOVELY PRESENTS? I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR WHAT YOU GOT. THE BOYS WOKE US UP AT 5.00am SO I'M ABOUT READY FOR BED AGAIN NOW!
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV, MAX xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima I just want to let you know that i did get home for christmas ihope you had a good time and got all the presents that you wanted see you soon Ben x x x

Anonymous said...

Did you get lots of presents? I hope so!!! I'm sure you did.I spoke to Granny yesterday so I know you had a happy Christmas Day.
You are so smart learning to take your tablets with water.Makes things a bit easier I would think and certainly saves some time.
Lots of love
Sue

Katty said...

To Mima,
I got a lovely card through the post this morning and it gave me a big smile on my face - I hope you had just as fun making it as I did recieving it! I hope your ok and Santa brought you and Emily everything you wanted for Christmas.
I'm glad you can take your tablets whole very impressive (I only mananged to do that when I was 12, many moons ago); added to that there is lots more time for playing.
You're a Christmas star -
Lots of love
x
p.s. i'm glad to know you enjoy getting my messages whenever I speak to Morgan and Scooby they look at me and walk off!