Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Sunday 25th November











Wait til you hear what I did on Friday




Everyone who gets poorly has the chance to make a wish with a charity called WISHES 4 KIDS and my wish was to go to see Strictly Come Dancing and meet my favourite dancer Lillia. Well you will never guess but my wish was granted on Friday and I went to London on the train to the BBC studios and met Kelly and Brendan, Gethin and Camilla, Kenny and Ola, Matt and Flavia, John and Nicole, Letizia and Darren, Alesha and Matt, James, Vincent, Anton, Ian, Erin and of course Lillia. It was amazing. They were all so friendly just like I had known them for ages. We were the only people there and we watched them all rehearse their group dance and I got to sit in Len Goodman's chair at the judges desk and score the dancers. I had so much fun. I was shown how to work the cameras and listened to the director through headphones whilst they were filming too. John Barnes kept cuddling and kissing me and Kenny Logan held me up in the air like he does with Ola so I felt like I was flying! Lillia was gorgeous and I loved her boots. She is married to Darren and he was really nice too. Well they were all really nice to me actually. They gave me a Strictly Come Dancing Annual and everyone signed it and wrote a special message for me. I will show you all when I see you. We went to London with Wendy from Wishes 4 Kids and she was really really nice to me too.




10 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Jemima

Friday sounds absolutely amazing, I hope you took lots of photographs for us all to see. Hattie told me all about you being lifted up it must have ben so cool. Were you on TV?

Lots of love
Tilly

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD THE BEST TIME EVER ON FRIDAY MIMA! WELL YOU DESERVE IT AFTER FEELING "YUK" OVER THE PAST FEW WEEKS. MAYBE YOU'LL BE ON "STRICTLY COME DANCING" ONE DAY? YOU NEVER KNOW...........
TAKE CARE, LOTSA LUV, MAX xxx

Anonymous said...

WOW WEE MIMA!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT NOT ONLY SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD THE BEST TIME EVER.....IT LOOKS LIKE YOU DID TOO!!
THANKS FOR SHOWING US YOUR PICS, HOPE YOU'VE COME "BACK DOWN TO EARTH" NOW AFTER YOUR "BIG LIFT" ? LOTSA LUV, MAX xxx

Anonymous said...

WHOW WHOW WHOW what an absolutely amazing experience that must have been. I love Strictly Come Dancing although over here only series 1,2and 3 have been shown.If I could have a wish I think Iwould have wished for the same thing.If ever anyone deserved to have their wishes come true its you.You have been so brave. To see you looking so happy is WONDERFUL.
Lots of love and I am always thinking of you.
Sue

Katty said...

WOW Mima, I'm glad you had so much fun if anyone deserves to then you do!! I bet no-one else can say they have been backstage on Strictly Come Dancing, you look like you had a wicked time. I'm really excited and happy that you had such an experience, I have a big grin on my face for you :-)

Anonymous said...

It was "Nice to to see you, to see you nice".

I thought you looked brilliant at the weekend and i just love the come dancing Photos. I cant believe you got all those cuddles with JB.

I also loved your story about "uncle Loser" but lets just keep that as our little secret.

remember Mima "Keep Dancing"

love Paul


xoxoxoxoxoxo

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,
What fantastic pictures, I am very jealous!!
You look like you're really flying when Kenny did his lift with you, I bet you were very high up. Lovely to see you looking so well and happy Mima, on days like that all the sickness is nearly worth it!
Hope you keep well this week and the chemo doesn't make you feel too poorly.
Love as always
Venetia XXX

Anonymous said...

hi mima it sounds great i wish i was there.Can you teach me the steps at school.I hope you had a great time lots of love fifi xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

hope things go well for you through this spell of treatment. Knowing you and how brave you are I am sure you will make the best of it.
lots of love and you know that I will be thinking of you.

Sue

Uncle Simon said...

Absolutely incredible Mima !!
What channel will it be on in the USA ? !! Uncle Simon xxx