Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Sunday 18th November 2007

Happy Birthday Hattie Wheeler!!!
I went to school for half a day on Thursday and all day Friday so I was very tired but my Auntie Rita came to visit me from Mallorca and it was really good to see her. When I was in hospital last week I designed and made lots of pairs of shoes and matching handbags and Auntie Rita bought two bags and the matching shoes from me because she liked them so much.
I woke up on Saturday feeling not very good but then I had a really good day. I had a riding lesson first and then I met Hattie Merriman's new pony Peg who is gorgeous. He really loved being brushed with my new kit from my friends and I loved riding him across the fields. Then I went to watch my sister Emily in her dance show which was fantastic. I have never watched it before as I have always been in it so it was great to see the show and to see so many of my dancing friends too.
We had a very lazy day on Sunday as Emily and I were really tired and then we went out for lunch with Uncle Matt, Auntie Tan, Tom and Molly and had a great time. When we were driving home we couldn't believe it, there was a snow blizzard all the way home and now the ground is completely white. Digby doesn't know what to do, he keeps barking at the snow!
I am going to school tomorrow and have a blood test at school on Tuesday but no more chemo until the next Tuesday so I am looking forward to feeling really well for a few days now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW YOU FIT IT ALL IN MIMA??? YOU SEEM REALLY BUSY AT THE MOMENT AND YOU DON'SEEM TO HAVE A MINUTE TO SPARE! I WENT TO SEE MY FRIEND IN A DANCE SHOW TODAY.....AND I GOT CAUGHT IN THE SNOW BLIZZARD ON THE WAY HOME TONIGHT! WELL I HOPE YOUR BLOOD TEST GOES OK, I'M SURE IT WILL. KEEP SMILING, LOTSA LUV, MAX. XXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima, its was great to see you back at school and at the ballet show. Isnt the snow great, I hope it lasts until the morning then we can build a snowman at school. Night night love Fifi

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,
So pleased you are feeling well at the moment and you were able to go to your riding lesson.
We had loads of snow last night too, Thomas was getting so excited about building a snowman this morning but now it is just sludge, so no snowman building today, have just done some very messy painting with my two. Hannah was trying to eat the paint brush....yuck!
We are now going to make mince pies, I am getting into christmas already!
Have a good day at school.
Lots of love Venetia, Paul, Thomas & Hannah. XXXX

Anonymous said...

Hi there busy bee. Great to hear your feeling well and doing so much.I was surprised to hear there was snow. I forget that its cold in England now because over hear its summertime. Some friends of mine are leaving in December they are going to live in England.The 2 girls Kaylee and Claire have always lived here they haven't even been to England on holiday.I think they will have quite a few surprises when they arrive especially if they see snow.
Lots of love
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima, thanks for your latest news and its good to hear you are doing fun things. No snow down south,thank goodness.
Henry is learning "Uptown Girl" for his School Concert at the moment and whilst he is happy singing in an American accent he is a bit uncomfortable with blowing girls in his class kisses which he has to do for the song. He certainly does not take after his brother Fred! F is going camping in Snowdonia with his CCF (boys army) in December and we think that will be very freezing.
Have a good week. Lots of Love, Wilsons,Frensham xxxx.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima
I had time to catch up with your blog today and it sounds like the last nine weeks of chemo was gruelling. Now two weeks off chemo to do your revision and exams when I'm sure you'd rather be having fun.

Amber and Coco went a bit crazy with the snow on Sunday. Coco is going to meet her husband soon so keep your fingers crossed that she has puppies. She is such a gentle dog and we think she'll be a great mummy.

lots of love, Helenxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima, it was lovely seeing you at the danceshow. Hope you liked it in the Seniors changing area - Wont be long until you are in there and I am dressing you!

Cindy x
(chantelle and Louannas mum)

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,
I was very excited to hear from Mummy last night that you went to see Strictly Come Dancing. How amazing, Kelly and Gethin are my favourites. Really looking forward to seeing all your pictures.
Hope your feeling well at the moment and that you had a lovley stay at Rushton.
Lots of love venetia