Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Sunday 11th November 2007

Great Weekend - not!!!
I came in to hospital for a check up on Friday and guess what???? well my temperature started to go up, I had the shivers and my eyes were all sore and red. That was as well as all the other soreness and I have been here since then. We have been all over the place though because the ward had to close on Friday night as there is a sick bug going around the hospital and there are no staff so we went to Ward 14. It was horrible there and I was in isolation because of the other bugs on the ward so I couldn't leave my room from Friday night until this morning. Boring boring boring.
Anyway, I am on two antibiotics, two antivirals, anti sickness, morphine, lactulose and now eyedrops and I had a blood transfusion yesterday so I hope I will soon feel better.
I will be here for a couple of days at least so if you would like to visit that would be good.
Byeeeeee!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA, WHEN I READ "GREAT WEEKEND" I THOUGHT TO MYSELF....THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT, MIMA'S FEELING BETTER THAN SHE DID ON THURSDAY....BUT THEN I READ THE WORD "NOT" AND REALISED YOU WERN'T SO GOOD AFTER ALL!!! I BET YOU WILL SOON FEEL BETTER NOW YOU HAVE HAD THE BLOOD TRANSFUSION, AND I BET YOU'LL BE HOME AND BACK RIDING AGAIN BEFORE YOU KNOW IT! KEEP SMILING, TAKE CARE, LOTSA LUV, MAX. xxx

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,
I can't belive what a horrid time your having, I am certain things will start to pick up soon. I saw Mummy at Nicolas on Friday and she said that poor Emily had hurt her finger and was off to hospital too. Would love to pop in and visit but are you still in isolation? Will text Mummy. Hope you have a better day tomorrow, you really are so brave. Lots of love Venetia XXX

Anonymous said...

What a miserable time you're having.
I hope that by the time you read this the medication has done its job and you are feeling at least a little better.
I read that Emily has been to hospital too. Hope her finger is fixed now.
Love Sue

Katty said...

I'm sorry things aren't going well at the moment Mima, it must not be nice being in isolation and being so bored. Though I don't actually know you I read your blog and think about you and pray for you a lot. I hope you will be able to go home soon. I send my love to you x

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
Glad to hear from Granny that you are picking up a bit.Iam sure with the new blood you will soon be running around again.Hope you are now outof isolation and home very soon.
much love Auntie

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima, So sorry to hear your feeling so rotten, I hope now the transfusion is making you feel better and you will be home again very soon. Such a brave girl with all those medicines as well as being in isolation!! Hope to see you very soon. Lots of love Dav (oops and Chris, Hammie and Hattie) xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Granny e-mailed to let me know you are feeling a little better. Hooray
Hope that by the time you read this you are even better.....

Love Sue

caroline said...

Hi, remember me, its Mrs Massarella, I can remember you coming into the nursery with your clicky clacky shoes on!
Just wanted to let you know i`ve been thinking of you and spying on you by reading your blog! you clever thing!
Keep brave Mima xxx

Anonymous said...

Bless you Mima!
How horrible, I am so sorry that you are back in hospital, and in isolation!!! Still, at least it means you are safely out of the way of that nasty bug.
It was so good to see you all the other day, all so happy and smiling. It really does not seem at all fair that you had another bad turn. I am praying very hard that you quickly bounce back, like you do, and are home soon. Especially in time to watch the show!
We were all there all day on Sunday, and the head dresses are coming on a treat too!!!
Hope we see you soon, lots of love and kisses to the bravest little girl that I have ever known!
Oh and a big kiss to mummy, daddy and Emily too!
Sarah xxx and Lino and the girls too xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello Mima!
I know I visited the blog last night, but just logged on again to check on you, and your news...
Hope you are home soon.
Keep smiling that beautiful smile!
Love Sarah x

Anonymous said...

dear mima, hi it is me ayesha! hope you feel better soon i hope! i hope your family have been looking after you very well. hope emily and digby are very well too!so i will be in touch with you very soon! hope you feel better! lots of love xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi mima emily here,
how are you doing,
i hear you have been in hospital for the last few days and i feel very sorry for you



from your friend (best) Emily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx