Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Friday 2nd November 2007

I am really well at the moment. I have been very busy with half term and school which is why I haven't written on my blog. sorry!!!
I had some chemo into my spine yesterday and as that could make me have a seizure Dr Madi thought it would be a good idea to stay in hospital. Then today I am allowed out for lunch and then I am going back for some IV chemo this afternoon which could also make me have a seizure so I am staying in hospital again tonight. Just in case.
I am really excited about going to riding tomorrow because Debbie has moved me and Emily up one level so we can learn some new things now. Good luck Mike with your hack, just hold on tight and sit up straight and you will be fine!
I am also very excited because I am going for lunch at my favourite restaurant tomorrow. It is called Boboli in Kibworth and Sarah (she owns it) is going to look after us! Then we are going to the Murrays for a bonfire party tomorrow night which I can't wait for. Then on Sunday my Auntie Nic Nocs is going to cook Sunday lunch for us so that will be yummy scrum scrum.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's making me exhausted just reading about all the things you're up to! Hope you have fun - I'm glad Mummy is having some time off cooking!! Really hope to see you soon, all love, Emma J xxx & love from the boys too!

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,
So glad to hear that you have had a good week this week, fingers and toes crossed that you are able to have a peaceful night in hospital tonight and that you can go riding tomorrow. Really looking forward to seeing you at our bonfire party too.
Lots of love Venetia XXX

Lucia said...

hi mima, just started reading your blog, good luck with all your nasty treatment, I finished all mine over 2 months ago now and I'm feeling happy well and bouncy again. Its a rollercoaster but before you know it the hardest parts will be behind you. Keep fighting!
Lucia

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased things are going well. The weekend sounds like loads of fun. I was a bit worried because it had been quite a while and no news on your blog. Granny e-mailed me and explained how busy you were so then I felt much better.Well done with the progress you are making with your riding.I'm impressed.
Lots of love
Sue

Uncle Simon said...

Mima, Reading about all this activity is making me tired! Uncle Simon xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Mima,
I am now in Sussex with Annette and Ronnie and they send their love. Did
Digby find the 'lollipop' again in the garden? Don't forget to take out the string from his stocking!! Lucie absolutely loved the bag and slippers and has taken them to her dorm, and is hanging them on her wall. I have my bag and slippers in hand luggage and when I use the bag to take my bidding box for Bridge, i will let you know what the other Bridge players comments are.
I return to Mallorca on Tuesday and expect I shall see 'Poppa' when I arrive.
Love, hugs and kisses,
Rita