Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Tuesday 2nd October 2007


AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

Well, my blood results from yesterday are good enough for me to go in to hospital today to start the next block of 9 weeks of treatment and to have my NG tube fitted. I am not really looking forward to it very much and I kept having bad dreams about it last night so when they put me to sleep today I will sleep very well!!!

I will write later to tell you all how it went but here is a picture of how I look this morning before and then I will do one later of how I look after.

6 comments:

venetia murray said...

Best of luck Mima. I will be thinking of you lots today. Venetia XX

Anonymous said...

You are soooo brave Mima. please don't be too scared about your NG tube, I had one in the past and they look worse than they are and feel like spaghetti down your throat. I send my best wishes and love to you x

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you and I know you will be brave as you always are.

Sue
XXX

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,
I have have heard from Katy (Ellis) tonight that your really not feeling at your best. Hope your ok and we are thinking of you lots. Good luck tomorrow. XX Venetia

Daisy & Archie said...

Hi Mima
We have been thinking about you all day. Good luck with your tube and we know that you can do it as you are the bravest person we know. Hope you are feeling ok - loads of love Daisy & Archie xx

Anonymous said...

Hi there I've been thinking about you so much.
I see that you're not feeling to great.
Hope that by the time you read this thinks will be a bit better.
Lots of love
Sue