Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Sunday 30th September 2007




I have had another very good week of feeling really well. I have been to school every day and even joined in with PE a couple of times!



Mike, Mel, Megan and Emily ran in the Great Kibworth Run today to raise money for the charities we are supporting and they all did so well. It was great fun watching everyone and I loved the t-shirts they wore with a picture of me on the back!!! They have raised loads of money £1291!!!!!!!!!



I am having some blood taken at school in the morning and then I will know if I will start the next block of treatment on Tuesday. If I do then I will have a general anaesthetic for a lumbar puncture, IT MTX (chemo into my spine), bone marrow out of my back and nasal tube fitted into my nose which goes into my tummy (yeah! no more having to eat and all the yuk medicines can go into the tube!!!) I am very tired at the moment and Mummy says I look pale and Daddy says my heart is beating very fast. All of that probably means that I need some more blood so I will know that too after my blood test in the morning.

5 comments:

Daisy & Archie said...

Hi Mima it's Daisy - I'm so excited to see your news and the picture of you at the Kibworth Marathon. I think Meg goes to my dance school - can you believe that!! Well done to them for raising all that money.
Just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow from all of us.
Hope to see you really soon, Mima
Love Daisy & Archie
xx

Anonymous said...

good to hear that you have had such a good week and the run was a huge sucess.
Such a super smiley photo too you all look great.
Will be thinking of you tomorrow.I'm sure you will do very well.
Lots of love
Sue

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,
So lovely that you have had another good week. The photos are great. Good luck today with your bloods and tube. Are you still able to eat chocolate cake?!
Well done with school, I am sure you must be so tired every day, bet you sleep well every night!
Thomas was asking after you the other day again so maybe we might pop in one weekend, depending on how your feeling though.
Lots of love Venetia, Paul, Thomas & Hannah XX

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima
It was so fab to see you all yesterday... sorry if I was a bit OTT, but I was a wee bit over come by the excitement and exhaustion of it all.
I thought that running around a restaurant was good trainig for it... but I was wrong!! Mind you I did run all the way, well almost!
It was lovely to see you,and your smiley face!I can't belive how well they did running for you. You are something of an inspiration.
I do hope that we see you again soon and let me know if you would like the job as number 1 head dress assistant at the show!!??
Will say one for you for tomorrow.
God Bless you
Love Sarah xxx and Lucia and Elisa say Hi too!

Anonymous said...

hey mima!
It was fab to meet you and your family at the great kibworth run on sat (I was there with Megan!). I wish I had taken part now :)
I hope that everything goes ok over these next 9 weeks. I will keep saying hi, although I have written a bit more than just hi this time!
Keep smiling :)
Racheal xxx