Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Monday 6th August 2007

I am still in hospital on Ward 27 as my temperature keeps spiking (this is what the nurses say, I think it means it keeps going up over 37.5). I had the 1st line (two different types) of antibiotics on Wednesday night when I came in but they didn't seem to do anything so on Friday I was given the 2nd line of antibiotics (another two different types through my line). On Friday night, I was really poorly as my temperature kept spiking and I was shaking so much I couldn't stop. Then my blood pressure dropped so the nurse called the doctor who was very worried about me. He came twice more to see me and I had lots more medicines and eventually I seemed to stop shaking and my temp came down. All a bit scary!!! Anyway, my temp kept spiking over the weekend so today the docs decided to try me on yet another medicine, this time an anti-fungal one but I had a horrid reaction to it where I couldn't breathe and my eyes went all funny and I couldn't see. I had to sit down and have the meds stopped and flushed through my line to get rid of it. That was really frightening and it took me along time to get over that. The docs will try another anti-fungal med tomorrow but I told them I am not having that one again. I have just had a platelet transfusion because I am having a general anaesthetic tomorrow for a lumber puncture and the IT MTX. My Hb is around 8 so I will probably have a blood transfusion tomorrow too.

The good news is that I am going to be a bridesmaid on Saturday so have to get better by then. A very nice man in Birmingham has made a wig for me so I am going to rest lots and make sure I can walk up the isle with my sister Emily in front of Charlotte (the bride)........ I can't wait!!!

7 comments:

MissLottie said...

Hello miss :) Its charlotte i thought i would post this to let you know i have been keeping an eye on your blog , Mum and Dad (John and Carole)have really been missing you and Emily too i hope things go well for you as a bridesmaid and say Hi to Emily for me
Lots of Love
Hugs
Charlotte R x

Anonymous said...

Hi there Mima,
you are having the worst time.Saturday is going to be a big day for you.Those medicines better get to work so that that you feel really good for the big day. I am sure both you and Emily are going to look beautiful.
I'm looking forward to reading all about it.
Lots of love
Sue

Unknown said...

Hi Mima
I really really hope that you get better soon and I am very excited to read about you being a bridesmaid. Please take lots of pictures to show me. Miss you.
Love Tilly (bb)

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,

Poor you, you really are having a horrible time but you sound as though you are slowly but surely getting there.
Good luck today, we will be thinking of you.
Saturday will be fantastic, you will as ever look totally gorgeous.
Hope you are home very soon, big X to Emily, Mummy and Daddy and to especially to you.

Lots of Love
Venetia XX

Anonymous said...

Mima

I'm looking forward to seeing a photo of you all dressed up as a bridesmaid - Please post one as quickly as you can. You'll look beautiful I'm sure. Hope you feel ok by Saturday and that the treatment goes well today.
Lots of love from all of us.
Helenx Jonx Thomasx and Rebeccax

Redders said...

Oh dearie me Mima, it all sounds jolly unpleasant but as ever you sound as though you are being really, really brave. We can't wait to see you and Emily all dressed up as bridesmaids on Saturday. We will be thinking of you all and hope that all those medicines have done the trick and that you will be feeling lots better by then.

Heaps of love from all the Gibbsies xxxxx

Unknown said...

Hello Mima,

I've just read about you in the Leicester Mercury - what a brave little girl you are. Not only will you get better yourself you will help lots of other children to be well again with your humour and determination. Everyone around you must love you loads, especially your mummy and daddy and sister Emily. (We mustn't forget Digby He must miss you so much!!)

Though I've never met you I was once a client of your dad's when my husband and I were moving house.

We send our love and good wishes to you and all the other children in hospital with you.

Get well as quickly as possible.

Love from Mr and Mrs Watson.