Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Friday 24th August 2007

I've had a very good week
All apart from one thing .................................. my blood results were not good enough on Tuesday for me to start the next part of chemotherapy so it has been postponed for a week. I will have blood taken again on Monday and hopefully will be able to start again on Tuesday with the 4hr lot of chemo in hospital and then daily at home which is just a push with the Macmillan nurse who is called Marie.
I have been to sports club for a couple of hours at school this week and seen some of my friends which has been great fun but I am very tired now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz It was so sunny today I even had to put suncream on my bald head.
I would like to say thank you very much to everyone who leaves messages for me and how nice it is to hear from people I haven't seen for a long time too. If you are having trouble leaving a message have a look at the top of this page because Mummy has left some instructions on how to do it.
Oh yes and guess what????? Mummy has booked riding lessons for Emily and me every Saturday morning so I can't wait until tomorrow (except I will have to have the horrid weekend medicine before I go!!!!! YUK)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jemima,
We have just read your diary 'blog. How fantastic and brave are you.
We are all thinking about you and send you, Mummy, Daddy and Emily lots of love.
Keep writing and most of all keep smiling.
Lots of Love
Pete, Caroline, Edward, Annabelle and Eloise xxxxx

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,
Great news about the riding lessons, and the sun will shine for you both too. Thank you for ringing the other night, sorry I wasn't able to talk, but I spoke to Mummy who said that you have got 'Digby' back which must be lovely. Hope your bloods get better next week so you can carry on with making your self better but in the mean time good luck with your medicine tomorrow....think of chocolate!!

Lots of love
Venetia, Paul, Thomas & Hannah. XXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Jemima, Hope you were able to have your riding lesson today. I have received a copy of the newspaper article and have been able to read it all. Please give your mum and dad and Emily my love and tell them I am thinking and praying for you all. You are a real star and your blog will help so many others who are in the same situation as yourself. One day you should turn the whole lot into a book. Today is my grandson's first birthday so I hope the sun shines up here in Lancashire too.
Keep smiling darling.
Lots of love
Rev'd Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hi Jemima,
We went to a wedding yesterday at barnsdale lodge but the two bridesmaids weren;t as pretty as you and Emily i think you both looked like models.
Tallulah would like to be a bridesmaid like you maybe one day she will be asked by someone .
I hope you liked the sports week at school last week i had lots of fun .it was great to see you there. I hope you went horse riding today what was your horse called ?
Looking forward to your next blog love Noah and Tallulah xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima, Emily, Mum & Dad
You are such an amazing family, and the love you have for each other will keep you strong at this difficult time, a time which will hopefully soon be over so that you can carry on as you were before. Keep smiling Mima,
Lotsa luv, Max. xxx

Anonymous said...

Testing

Anonymous said...

Hi
Great to hear that you are doing well.
I hope the horse riding was a success,and that you and Emily had a wonderful time.
I really look forward to reading you blog.
Its wonderful that although I am so far away I know how you are getting along.
Lots of love
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hello Mima
I'm so very proud of you and how hard you are fighting, Keep it up pudding.

I'm a classroom Assistant at Kirby Muxloe primary school in Leicester, I have two little girl's so I can imagine how Mum and Dad must be feeling, Give them and Emily a huge hug from me.

You looked like a real princess when you were a bridesmaid, Bet you loved it did'nt you?

Well we're all thinking of you pudding, Keep fighting.
All my love
Anna xxx

Nicky Stephen said...

Hi Jemima

We were very pleased to read your blog and to find out how you're doing. James and Harry (from singing Sally's) have been thinking of you all summer - they know a bit about the asparagus and mayonnaise because Harry and Rachel are in the same class at school. We all send you lots of love and know how brave you're being. Lots of love to Emily, Mummy and Daddy too ... Nicky, Don, James and Harry xxxxx

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,
We were all thinking of you this morning on our way to 'Asda'! Thomas asked how you were and if you are better!! I tried to explain but don't think that he really understood!
Hoping that your having a good week. What did you do for the Bank Holiday? I bet your riding lesson was fab.
We are all really looking forward to Neville Holt next week end, lets hope the sun shines.
Love to Emily and Mummy & Daddy.
All our love as always
venetia, Paul, Thomas & Hannah. XXX