Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Wednesday 18th July 2007

Having a port morning?
Yes, today i am having a port fitted,i am nervous but trying to keep my nerves down because if you are nervous somtimes your nerves wrap round your vains and that will make it harder for the nurses to fit the port into me. Anyway i am nil by mouth which means i cannot eat or drink till the operation is over because they dont want to have to look at what i have eaten while they do the operation! and because i am nil by mouth it is hard for me because it makes me want to eat double what i normaly eat but i am coming off that nasty medicine tonight!YIPPIE!I will be down to 3 medicines a day instead of 5, so thats really lucky for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jemima
I hope your operation went well and your port is in OK. I bet you cant wait to eat again!!! We love all your pictures. Take care of yourself and say hi to Emily.
lots of love Jessie, Poppy and Toby xxxxxx (mum and dad send their love too)

Anonymous said...

Hi-Mima,

This is from Spain - we are friends of Grandad (Mike) and Grandmar (Trish). Just wanted to congratulate you on your website and your Photos etc.

I hope the port is OK - that should make your medication a lot easier. I have CML (which is a differnt type of Leukemia) for over a year now and I am well on the mend - the medication today is just very good.

Wishing you all the very best and hope you can eat soon.

Tony & Kathy Morpeth
Palma de Mallroca

reddersandco said...

Hi Mima
I thought you looked so lovely on Tuesday. Freya had a really good time making the mosaic with you. We had to hide the bath gels from Archie, he thought they were sweets! I hope the port fitting was successful and you can now eat whatever you like again. See you soon, lots of love Lynda x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Mima
I love your website. Hope that your operation went well today. I like all the photos on the website especially the one of with you and your lap top .. that looks really cool.
See you at the weekend - I hope.
Love Maxie Boy