Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Sunday 15th July 2007

I am at home at the moment enjoying spending some time with my family. I had a big test on Thursday where the doctors took some bone marrow from my back and gave me some chemotherapy in to my spine. I had to be put to sleep for about 20 minutes but I quite like going to sleep so I don't mind! They also put a new canula into my hand so I could have some chemo yesterday but the nurse actually took that out yesterday too so now I have no canulas at all!!! My back is quite sore and I find it most comfortable lying in bed but I do get up sometimes, especially when I feel hungry (which is most of the time!) I think I look quite different now as my tummy and cheeks are getting quite round from the medicine I am taking and my hair was falling out so I have shaved it all off. I will post a photo soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jemima,
Sometimes you have to put up with some pain, or changes in how you normally look and feel, as the body is working hard to get you better. An old saying I was taught when I was young was 'no pain, no gain'. This means when things hurt, it is basically good, as it means good things are happening inside you to fix whatever is wrong. Remember that.
So don't worry about how you look or hurt, as these are all things that will soon go away and return to normal. Your friends only see you how you look normally, not how you might be looking now when you are a bit poorly.
Jemima is always Jemima.
*A good friend