Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

19th July 2007

Well I am home with my new portacath fitted in my chest. I woke Mummy up at 4.30 am to have my last meal yesterday (a bacon sandwich) and then we went to hospital for 8.30am. I had to answer lots of questions about me and eventually 6 hours later I went in for my operation. The anaesthetists put a mask over my mouth to make me go to sleep and I waved to Mummy then I felt a bit woozy and off I went. When I woke up I felt horrible because i just didn't feel right but i was VERY HUNGRY! I had 3 bowls of pasta and 12 mini choc rolls, some chicken tikka, a packet of jelly tots and a milky way and started to feel better, oh and a bag of quavers. Then I found out that I have to have another medicine because we are having a new bathroom at home and it is dangerous for me to get dust in my chest so I have to have yucky medicine to stop me getting a chest infection YUK! I had to stay in hospital until 8 pm but then I went home and had some supper and went to bed.

I have just woken up and feel a bit stiff so I think I might stay in bed today.

Thank you for leaving me messages, I love to read them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Mima!
We are friends of your Grandparents (Wilfords)in Mallorca and live in Wales when we aren't in Mallorca enjoying the sun and their company.
It seems as though you have been having a very busy day today and hope that it all went well and it's so good to read that you are taking less pills from now on. I had a little smile about your NIL BY MOUTH......I am trying to lose some weight to look as pretty as you do and so I'm trying a bit of NIL BY MOUTH too.

Today we have been to our grandchildren's SPEECH DAY at school and they broke up for the summer holidays. They are 12 years old - a girl and a boy - twins, called Jasper and Alice and I'm going to show them your BLOG when they come and see me tomorrow.

We send lots of love from WALES and hope you are getting better and stronger every day.

Vivien and Chrstopher

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima
I hope you liked your kylie autogragh It wasn't us it was Tom's mum. How does mosaic look on your window? I have read your News and I think fantstic I hope your alright hope to see you soon!!!


LOTS OF LOVE FREYA XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Harry Potter said...

Hi Mima
Sorry you could not make it last Wednesday hope you feel better now.Its taken ages to track your blogg site down! we are on mums work computer and managed at last to day mum says Kylie Minogue had better watch out now she has some serious competition!!Hope your singings better! Anyway it was great to here from you text me again when you can come round love Harry Potter xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima
I would like to call you Jem, because you are a GEM. A real jewell. I want to give you a hug for all your bravery. I, too, have a round face because of the steroids I take. You are one of the prettiest girls I have seen. I would like to send you lots of love for a speedy recovery, and I will think about you. Gaynor xxxx

Anonymous said...

hello mima,
you may not know me but i really wish you all the best to you and hope yu get better soon from leah